Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 139

Thread: Impeachment?

  1. #71
    Inactive Member imported_burrhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 15th, 2003
    Posts
    1,878
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Impeachment?

    What lie did he tell? Specify your accusations please!

  2. #72
    HB Forum Owner R0cketer's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    7,632
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Impeachment?

    Well saying they have proof of WMDs is one. Saying that there was a direct link between Saddam and Bin Laden is another.

    The link is they are bad and do bad things. That's like saying that since one Republican is bad, all are. Or that one Democrat is bad, they all are. There are lots of bad people in the world, and to be honest, if someone digs, and it has been listed before, there is probably a close of relationship between Bush and Bin Laden as Sadam and Bin Laden. I mean we can't go after every place that is a 'threat' when we have threats here in our own country that we don't deal with.

    Maybe someone should say we have lots and lots of oil hidden here in SWVA, then the government could come in, blow us all sky-high but then it would be rebuilt oh so pretty.

    I'm not saying everything that is done wrong, but I also don't believe in turning a blind eye and pretending that just because someone is elected from a particular political party that their wrongs are all ok.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

  3. #73
    Inactive Member imported_burrhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 15th, 2003
    Posts
    1,878
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Impeachment?

    He was told there was proof, just as clinton was told. I don't think he outright lied. And people talk about Clinton all the time, I don't care much for him, but all in all he was a decent president.

  4. #74
    HB Forum Owner R0cketer's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    7,632
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Impeachment?

    Well he was told, but he went before Congress and said it.

    I wonder how much he was told and how much it was he wanted to hear.

    I mean anybody that thinks he didn't have that on his agenda, ain't quite being honest. Old Dubya didn't get the family fortune from the old coal industry...

    As the Beverly Hillbillys would say
    Black Gold, Texas Tea

    Clinton was a decent president, he was lucky and presided over generally good times. There was problems, no doubt but there always will be problems. I think his biggest strength was his ability to lie and still be likeable. Bush gets too pissed off when he's called on the carpet. I think Clinton was a lot more calculating in his reactions than Bush is, Bush reacts and then has to double-talk his way out of his initial reactions.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

  5. #75
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Impeachment?

    </font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />

    I luvvvvvvvvv debating you. You are always in a no-win situation!!!!!!!!!!!

    [/ QUOTE ] Read the first post, still wanna debate? It has names and quotes . It will give you an idea that Bush shaped the story to start the war knowing there were no wmds and spinning the whole lie. Why not just come clean and tell the truth? It is pretty easy to see. If you can read. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Darned Redcoats [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

  6. #76
    Inactive Member one1one's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 9th, 2005
    Posts
    808
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Impeachment?

    ohh yeah...its all a conspiracy there michael moore
    [b] "The One and Only"[/b]

  7. #77
    Inactive Member greencrest1272's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2004
    Posts
    1,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Impeachment?

    Even John Kerry said in one of the presidential debates that the intelligence he was given as well as the rest of house pointed to Sadaam have WMD. Bush never got on national television and told a bold face lie as did Clinton. Big Willy got on national tv and lied to everyone in America. All be it not as important as going to war, it was a bold face lie by our leader which is not the kind of person I want leading our nation. Clinton just turned a blind eye to most things where as Bush is taking them head on...Social Seceruity being the main one. No matter who is president, the country would be divided 50-50 on some these issues. I dont agree with you calling Bush a lier, thats absolutely ridicoulous and out of line.
    It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed.

    -Teddy Roosevelt

  8. #78
    Inactive Member imported_ut1's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    1,654
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Impeachment?

    You really think GWB had such a hot poker up his tail over his Dad's "failure" that he would lie to get troops sent there, and risk the ire of the American public, as well as the rest of the world??? No, I don't think so. I think he was sincere in his beliefs, that he had confidence in the information he was being fed, and that he acted thinking that Iraq was a "clear and present danger" to the safety of the United States. Saddam's veil of secrecy surrounding purported WMDs helped fuel the fire, and helped build GWB's case for an attack. On one hand he would say he didn't have them, then he would brag about what he would unleash on any invading army.
    I've talked with several men who have spent 8-18 months in Iraq. Almost in unison, they complain about the picture the media paints the American public about the shape of things in Iraq. They tell stories about how Iraqis come up to them and thank them for being there, and show them evidence of Saddam's regime.....stuff like having been tortured by whippings, having an arm chopped off, a tongue cut out, stuff too horrible to mention.
    As I said before, you give GWB too much credit and blame, for he can do nothing without the authorization from Congress. How about addressing that??? If they approved us going in, aren't they just as much to blame?? You say Bush lied to them, but you can't accept the fact that maybe Bush was lied to, also??
    I want our troops out of there as much as anyone. I want my friends to be home with their families. Everyone of them I have talked to said they believed in what they were doing there, and would not hesitate to step up to the plate again. One Marine who is very special to me has already gotten his orders to ship out in September. I would like very much to see us out of there before that happens.
    But go ahead and impeach Bush. Then you will have to put up with another Dick. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
    "Yes, there are two paths you can go by
    But in the long run
    There's still time to change the road you're on."

  9. #79
    Inactive Member pvfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,518
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Impeachment?

    </font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />

    how?? we are stopping terrorists now and vietnam wasnt our war...this is the war on terrorism


    [/ QUOTE ]

    Keep thinking that way, this war has solved what? Explain to me what we accomplished here, we got rid of Saddam but the same problems are still there. The weapons of mass destruction never surfaced and all that we back home see is outrageous gas prices and our friends being sent off to a pointless war and many times we dont see them anymore. Sad, but its the facts you tell me we are in Afghanistan and Pakistan looking for Bin Laden and I'll support it but this Iraq business was all for oil and revenge.
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

  10. #80
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Impeachment?

    </font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    want our troops out of there as much as anyone. I want my friends to be home with their families. Everyone of them I have talked to said they believed in what they were doing there, and would not hesitate to step up to the plate again. One Marine who is very special to me has already gotten his orders to ship out in September. I would like very much to see us out of there before that happens

    [/ QUOTE ] That was all I ever was interested in. The rest is mostly just chain jerking, except for the LARGE issue made about the impeaching of more than one pres. Do not get your drawers in such a big wad, sorry if it got that far out of hand. Burr was the one I was looking for he hasn't been on here in awhile. It is to the point that is becoming a waste.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •