Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Oil

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member imported_JustaFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2005
    Posts
    83
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Oil

    Is there no ceiling for oil per barrel, come on now, we cant stand this. I dont know about you all, but the gas price is hitting the wallet pretty hard.

  2. #2
    HB Forum Owner R0cketer's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    7,632
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Oil

    Yeah its getting ridiculous and the thing is they know most people have to buy gas. I mean all I about do right now is drive from home to work, and my gas bill is more than double what it was not to long back when I actually used to get out and roam around. I think they found the best way to cut out cruising, and endorse health care, because everybody is gonna have to be walking at this rate!
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member imported_JustaFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2005
    Posts
    83
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Oil

    Its up over a $1 a barrel today, around 67.40, im just wondering what the ceiling will be. this will translate into about 2.75 a gallon by mid sept.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member imported_Counts's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 2002
    Posts
    3,370
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Oil

    Well it is an expence that we have no choise but to pay I have tried to get some of the folks I work with to carpool but not had much luck in that (fear of leaving 10 mins latter from work must be worse than paing a kings ransom for gas) it is basic economy the Oil price ceiling is the most we are willing to pay for oil. I am pretty sure that the Avg American is using less Oil than they were at this time last year (I am not counting fuel needs for bussness or a recovering economy)

  5. #5
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Oil

    Elect ANOTHER president [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]that LOVES his oil biz, [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] hahahaha - I live five mins from work, kid is 10 min from school. I could see this coming. It is almost like we [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]don't [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]live in a free country, with the judge swiping folks property and a select few jamming oil thru the roof. Can you say ,"Tea Party" , [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Boys and Girls?

  6. #6
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Oil

    well, we've did it to ourselves. Do we pick the best fuel mileage car or the one we like the most. The one that may not be the best thing to look at or do we pick the "gotta have it" car? Every President from the 70's when we had the big fuel crisis could have written into mandate that by the year ???? half you the cars being built must be hybrid vehicles. Did it happen, no. We've done it to ourselves. If someone rides a scooter from Clintwood to Norton would they be praised for saving gas or laughed at for looking silly?
    We in America are too caught up in looking good to see past what is practical for the most part. Hey, if someone was too arrogant to think that they didn't have to change the way they live then sure, I would be trying to get the most money I could too. America could have changed years ago and not be in this mess but we didn't. Now we are stuck in this mess and no matter who was elected in the past, none of them had the guts to stand up the the Automitive Corporation and make them build the cars that would be helping us out today.
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Diets17's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 5th, 2004
    Posts
    1,291
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Oil

    I agree with you Starbuck, good post.


  8. #8
    Inactive Member imported_biggamesjames's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 5th, 2004
    Posts
    1,410
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Oil

    I don't know about to Norton but if they ride that scooter from Clintwood to Haysi they would probably get ran over by a coal truck.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member Diets17's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 5th, 2004
    Posts
    1,291
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Oil

    Well I believe he was just tryin to make a point...haha...


    But yeah, something should have been done years ago about this.

  10. #10
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Oil

    I saw 2 of those scooters near the Breaks Sat, when Appy went to Hurley. More nerve than me. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •