Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22

Thread: 46&2

  1. #1
    Guest 's Avatar

    46&2

    Since the topic of intelligent design was brought up and the idea of evolution. What do you all feel on the evolving of man into a fish like state. Meaning, the development of gills and other means of survival underwater. Harkening back to a time when the earth was covered in water in the idea that it will again be covered as well and the only way for man to survive is to evolve.

    PS. You TOOL fans may understand a bit more, due to the fact of Maynard James Keenan writing a song about this topic entitled 46 & 2. Keenan was a West Point graduate by the way, so he isnt just some mindless drug addict musician writing about something he has no clue over.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Biggin's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 18th, 2002
    Posts
    9,588
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 46&2

    46&2 is an allusion to chromosomes,a nd the evolution of a "third eye", aka Carl Jung.

    IMO, that is.

    [IMG]http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh111/Vic_Fontaine/sig.jpg[/IMG]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member imported_JustaFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2005
    Posts
    83
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 46&2

    Too much X-Files will warp the mind.

  4. #4
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: 46&2

    those chromosomes represent the evolution to under water breathing, gills, etc.

    I read once where Maynard spoke in the subject, I wish I had kept the article.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Biggin's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 18th, 2002
    Posts
    9,588
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 46&2

    I have no idea, I just formed what I thought going on what Maynard typically sings about.

    and Jungism is BIG in his music.
    and evolution of the third eye, IMO, would make more sense in the whole thing.

    Jung says it takes the third eye to clearly see things as they truly are.

    [IMG]http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh111/Vic_Fontaine/sig.jpg[/IMG]

  6. #6
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: 46&2

    very informed, at least you know who and what principles I am talking about. You seem like a well read fella.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Biggin's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 18th, 2002
    Posts
    9,588
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 46&2

    Tool is one of my obessions.

    Maynard is a genius, so I try and understand all the music.

    Some, such as Aenima and The Grudge are simple, yet Schism, 46&2, Opiate,etc... are a lot harder to understand.

    But yes, I love Tool, and see you do aswell.


    Edit-I even have Eulogy in my sig.
    [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
    [IMG]http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh111/Vic_Fontaine/sig.jpg[/IMG]

  8. #8
    Inactive Member imported_blue52's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 14th, 2002
    Posts
    893
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 46&2

    I was getting ready to point the sig out...I knew some of that but if you know where you got the article Id like to read it....I love Tool theyre a great example of a rock band that doesnt just "make noise" as most are stereotyped now

  9. #9
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: 46&2

    Tool is far from "rock" as we know it today, agreeing or not agreeing with MJK, his thought and intelligence he puts into his work is no less then genius.

  10. #10
    Inactive Member Biggin's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 18th, 2002
    Posts
    9,588
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 46&2

    I agree.

    And the band is amazing.
    Dana is the best, IMO, on the drums in modern music.
    [IMG]http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh111/Vic_Fontaine/sig.jpg[/IMG]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •