"SERENITY NOW!!!" Frank Costanza.
New movie coming in late September, based on the tv show Firefly from the creator of Buffy and Angel. Set 500 years in he future Firefly is a sci-fi western is the best explination. Earth is desrtoyed and humans have been forced to populate moons and planets to survive. No aliens here, just a futrue where the good guys and bad guys isn't black & white.
from IMDB
The crew of Serenity takes on any job that will pay, even if it's not exactly legal. Malcolm Reynolds (Nathan Fillion), the captain, was on the losing side of a galactic war, and now all he has is his ship, named Serenity, and his loyal crew: his second in command and most trusted ally, Zoe (Gina Torres), her husband, the pilot, Wash (Alan Tudyk), the mechanic, Kaylee (Jewel Staite), and the muscle, Jayne (Adam Baldwin). When Malcolm takes on two new passengers, a young doctor, Simon Tam ('Sean Maher' ) and his unstable, telepathic sister River (Summer Glau) he gets much more than he bargained for. The two are fugitives from The Alliance, the conglomerate that controls the galaxy. River learned something no one was ever supposed to know... and The Alliance will do anything to make sure no one will. Morena Baccarin, Ron Glass, and Chiwetel Ejiofor also star.
[IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]
"SERENITY NOW!!!" Frank Costanza.
[img]http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i42/stinmeister/untitled-2.jpg[/img]
Whedon at Peace with 'Serenity'
When speaking to "Serenity" writer and director Joss Whedon, it's important to note that he prefers the moniker "nerd lama" to "geek guru." That's Whedon's witty sense of humor to a T. His talent for writing memorable characters became evident with the TV hits "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" and its spin-off "Angel." Surprisingly, Whedon's luck ran out when his sci-fi western "Firefly" was cancelled after only 11 of the first 15 episodes aired on Fox. But it was the show's rabid fans that helped convince Universal to back a feature version of the show, "Serenity," that is finally hitting theaters this month.
"The more time I spend with the fans, the more I realize that in some ways they are much more well-adjusted and much more attractive than I am," Whedon says. "And the fan base really includes a lot of people who would not consider themselves geeks or even sci-fi fans necessarily."
With the fans blogging and e-mailing like crazy, Whedon spent months keeping his cast up-to-date on every bit of news as the project headed to the big screen. For Gina Torres, who plays Zoe, it was hard to believe they were actually making a movie back on the "Firefly" sets.
"You just don't think that you're ever going to see these characters again, except maybe late at three o'clock in the morning on the Sci-Fi channel," the star of the two "The Matrix" sequels says. "It was a wonderful thing and it was quite miraculous, because this just isn't supposed to happen."
Nathan Fillion, who plays the ship's captain, Mal, says it was three weeks into shooting before he "could stop believing it wasn't going to be taken away from us."
Whedon knew when the characters returned it would have to be in a story that was accessible and entertaining for an audience who had never watched "Firefly."
"I worked for a long time to come up with something epic enough to be a Universal movie and not just a glorified episode of 'Firefly,'" Whedon says. "I wanted to make a movie that made me feel or made people feel the way I felt the first time I saw the first 'Star Wars.' I wanted to be really involved in something very exciting, but not just another big summer ride, because I have had enough of those."
As legions of fans anxiously await their chance to help the film's box office total reach the magic number needed to spawn a sequel (there is no official deal yet), I ask Whedon if he has any ideas for a second installment.
"It would be incredibly presumptuous of me to ever think about a story for a sequel ... and yes," Whedon says, laughing. "I have some ideas. That is how the brain works. But first I have to get people to see the first one. So, most of my energy has been in trying to make that good enough so there could be a sequel."
After experiencing the passion of these fans first hand, I pity the Universal exec that decides not to green-light "Serenity 2."
"Serenity" opens nationwide Sept. 30.
[IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]
went to see it tonight. Great movie. A gritty sci-fi movie for sure. not much gloss and glitter like Star Wars style sci-fi or Star Trek types.
[IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]
I want to go see it, may try to motivate myself early tomorrow...ok not likely, because I used the word early
What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.
Bookmarks