Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Christmas

  1. #1
    Inactive Member knight_67's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 11th, 2002
    Posts
    2,831
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Christmas

    With christmas coming up, you know there are people out there who need stuff, and probably wont get it, if anything. Up at work today, where they're doing a charity thing with one of the older citizens places and something to do with litle kids as well, where you pick up a wishlist that they have made out, you go purchase whats on their wish-list, and it will get delivered to them. WHen the last at work asked me which of the ones i wanted, i picked the older citizens, she then asked me which one i wanted, so i just told her to give me one, but after reading what little they ask for i had to get another, and i'll probably end up getting one or two more. THe only thing they asked for, one asked for a jogging suit and some houseshoes, another lady asked for some teflon pans and some wrigleys sugarless gum. I dont know why, but it really hit me for some reason, thats all ive thought about all evening, some people want so little, and they would be happy, but yet we take so much for granted ya know???..Honestly, what is a few extra dollars going to hurt anyone on this forum, to make someone happy? Everyone on here should try and find somekind of program like this for the holidays and donate to them, actually it would be kind of sad if someone didnt...

    and speaking of charities and such, does it eat anyone else up when you see these veterans outside of wal-mart, and people just walk by and act like they are not there? Pisses me off so bad when i see someone do that..hmm, they dont have an extra dollar or two to spare to those charities, yet they come out of wal mart pushing two buggies full of junk....
    "i asked a toothless man, who all these people were and, he said the soapmakers...and we are workin workin"



  2. #2
    Inactive Member imported_OleTob's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    681
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Christmas

    I agree the veterans and people like the shriners need this money...It pisses me off also...We usually do the Angel Tree thing.
    Take em one at a time and everything else will take care of itself.

    I belong to God Now.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member imported_MoonlightGraham's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 6th, 2004
    Posts
    2,142
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Christmas

    America really doesn't do that well of a job taking care of senior citizens. I know as Americans we have alot better lifestye then 99% of the world, but atleast people in other countries such as the Far East treat their elders with respect and actually take care of them.
    [img]http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i42/stinmeister/untitled-2.jpg[/img]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member smarty's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 13th, 2003
    Posts
    1,264
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Christmas

    Zack and I took a kid too. A lil 3 year old boy.
    What amazes me is it's not like these kids ask for things that are outrageous either.. for example the lil boy we have just wanted some trucks and movies. At the HS we use to have a program like this for the kids at the Middle School and just to see the look on their faces was priceless b/c you know you've made their year. They're so appreciative for even the smallest things.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member GCHSBLUE's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 16th, 2004
    Posts
    72
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Christmas

    Good post knight. I have 2 kids and we have always bought for needy kids in their school at Christmas. We also helped a couple years buying for the kids at HArvest Home in Jasper. That was a real treat. I don't really care if I get anything at Christmas. It's not that I don't appreciate it I just get a thrill seeing others happy. As for the Shriners I had a Brother, now deceased that spent about a year and a half there free. I guess I figure my family owes them for all they did for us. And yes you are very right most of us could help the needy and never miss it.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member TheBeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,351
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Christmas

    My wife and I do thing like this every year we started doing the shoebox gifts last year for Samaratins Purse usually do 5 boys and 5 girls. We also get a couple of angels from Wayne's tree at Monterey's (usually elderly), I also sponsor a van load of children to go to the Shrine circus at Freedom Hall every year.
    My wife tells me when I ask her what she would like to have for christmas it is enough for her to give these gifts to others.
    [COLOR="Lime"][SIZE="6"][FONT="Century Gothic"]CREAG AN TUIRC[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
    [img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a183/mm38nut/thkfc.gif[/img]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •