Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: Religion

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member PainfullyTaken's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 8th, 2005
    Posts
    151
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Religion

    touchy subject....I know...but I was wondering..what everyone thought about religion...and how religious are you??
    *~WhaT*HaVe*i*BeCoMe?*mY*SwEEteSt*FriEnD~
    ~EvErYonE*I*KnoW*GoEs*AwAy*In*tHe*EnD~*

  2. #2
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Religion

    Study the Middle East, Israel was founded by some final acts of terrorism, they finally just told the British they had enough and wanted thier homeland back. Sort of like the IRA, funny how you never hear about the Irish in the British press.....the Muslim world has several branches, some live and let live some that consider any Muslim that doesn't want to kill ALL the other folks off a sinner. I just can't see that as a church , myself.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member imported_hhstigerfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 12th, 2003
    Posts
    277
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Religion

    I love how people say Islam is a religion of "peace" yet the Koran says killing infidels is the ticket to heaven.

  4. #4
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Religion

    </font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    I love how people say Islam is a religion of "peace" yet the Koran says killing infidels is the ticket to heaven.




    [/ QUOTE ] Not sure how to take that- I didn't say one way or another. Just how much of the Q'uran have you read? [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Could it be like "An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth" and someone is warping it for their own use? Or is the whole religion really just a waterslide to Hell?

  5. #5
    Inactive Member JCFORME's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12th, 2005
    Posts
    204
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Religion

    I'm a christian. I do not have a denomination, and i'm 31. I believe in the teachings of the Bible, and i'm all too aware of my shortcomings. Its not that i find faults with different denominations, i just wish we christians could just follow Jesus's teachings, and not try to divide ourselves. We have a hard enough time anyway. As far as other religions, i believe its a personal thing. I'm the last person that would say they were wrong. I don't think thats what true religion is about.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member TheBeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,351
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Religion

    Religion is very important to me, I thank God that he saved me and sent his son to die for me. I attend the Flatwoods Community Freewill Baptist shurch. I don't know or try to put one denomination ahead of the other I love this church and the people in it and I fell the spirit in their just by walking in the door. So as my pastor says go where you feel lead to go, if it is at our church great but if it is somewhere else that is fine too, as long as you as long as you go and feel the spirit move inside you.
    [COLOR="Lime"][SIZE="6"][FONT="Century Gothic"]CREAG AN TUIRC[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
    [img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a183/mm38nut/thkfc.gif[/img]

  7. #7
    Inactive Member JCFORME's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12th, 2005
    Posts
    204
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Religion

    Thats a great outlook. My wife and i have been checking out non-denom. churches in the area. I grew up baptist, and just personally had a few bad experiences. That def. doesn't mean i feel all baptist churches are the same. I've just always wanted a church that teaches the word, and don't try to put their spin on it.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member imported_juggernaut28's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 23rd, 2004
    Posts
    941
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Religion

    I was raised in the baptist faith. But I have attended pentecostal and jehovah witness's churches also. I have studied the muslim faith as much as I could. I have also listened to those who don't believe in God at all and I try to understand why people have the reasons they do to believe what ever it is they believe in. But all it does is confuse me at times. I myself believe there is a God and the Bible is his word to all man. I believe Jesus Christ came and died for our sins. Religion to me just divides people as a whole, that is what I don't like when denominations think their religion is the only right one. So I try to respect every man and what they believe in.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •