Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21

Thread: SAT's

  1. #11
    Inactive Member sic's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 22nd, 2004
    Posts
    549
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: SAT's

    I once took a class in HS called SAT Prep. I don't know how much influence it actually had on my SAT score though.
    [img]http://www.darkphotography.net/Media/Bands/Cradle%20Of%20Filth/CradleLogo_Roll.jpg[/img]

  2. #12
    Inactive Member Craes's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 4th, 2005
    Posts
    1,212
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: SAT's

    Well I have to say that the standardized tests are difficult and it helps to have the information that tells you about the test.


    I just took the Miller Analogies Test for Grad School admission, and I have to say that the study book that I studied I think helped my score. Kaplan materials....check your local library.

    I made a decent score, high enough for my grad school requirement. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
    I was married by a judge. I should have asked for a jury.

  3. #13
    Inactive Member wilcatshorty35's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 18th, 2005
    Posts
    32
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: SAT's

    i didnt say i wasnt prepared i just wanted to know somewere to study for extra help..-

  4. #14
    Inactive Member greencrest1272's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2004
    Posts
    1,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: SAT's

    I was way underprepared for the SAT's and I think most people from Clintwood would say the same thing.
    It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed.

    -Teddy Roosevelt

  5. #15
    Inactive Member imported_MoonlightGraham's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 6th, 2004
    Posts
    2,142
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: SAT's

    the SATS are a direct representation on how smart you are, with the factor of how well you do on tests implimented in.

    For instance our valedvictorian who got a scholarship to "the big" UVa, had a gpa of around 4.2. And he got the same score, a 1020, as I did.
    [img]http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i42/stinmeister/untitled-2.jpg[/img]

  6. #16
    Inactive Member gcdevil22's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 11th, 2004
    Posts
    5,129
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: SAT's

    our valedictorian got in the 1000's too...i did pretty good and was 38th in my class
    "An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity."

    -Martin Luther King Jr.

  7. #17
    Inactive Member greencrest1272's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2004
    Posts
    1,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: SAT's

    I just dont like the fact that it has no history or government questions on it. I dont think "how smart you are" should just depend totally on math and english. I honestly do not feel that the SAT is a good measurement of "how smart" a person is.
    It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed.

    -Teddy Roosevelt

  8. #18
    Inactive Member wilcatshorty35's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 18th, 2005
    Posts
    32
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: SAT's

    i totally agree -- i thought i was a smart person until i went in there..i mean i barely knew any of the math on it i knew all of the english but the math was a killer --

  9. #19
    Inactive Member gcdevil22's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 11th, 2004
    Posts
    5,129
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: SAT's

    it's a test to see your college aptitude skills...the skills on that test are everything a college is looking for which is why the test was created in the first place
    "An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity."

    -Martin Luther King Jr.

  10. #20
    Inactive Member greencrest1272's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2004
    Posts
    1,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: SAT's

    I realize that, my point is it is not a gauge of "how smart" a person is.
    It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed.

    -Teddy Roosevelt

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •