Thread: some topics for us to discuss.

some topics for us to discuss.

What do you guys know about string thoery? I use to study it heavily and the ideas revolving around the different ideas. Just wondering what others think of it.

Is their proof time travle does not exist? Because if it were possible wouldnt we have or see some way of someone from our future coming back right now?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: some topics for us to discuss.

never heard of the string theory but the coolest theory i had heard in terms of time and space is that maybe time does not run in a straight line but rather in circles or curves...which means that some events in time would overlap, which could explain a ghost appearance or a ufo...a ghost could be an image of time that has been overlapped when we would be able to see that person and a ufo could also be time pverlapping to the future where we have flying "vehicles" like those described

probably not true...but i thought it was an interesting theory nonetheless
    "An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity."

-Martin Luther King Jr.

ahh, string theory and the idea of worm holes are one of my favorite topics. Steven Hawkings book "A brief history of time" I think thats the name, give or take some words, lol. None the less, deals with these ideas, I will post a link because I cannot explain it in the way I would wish that deals with string thoery. Mayeb some posters can read up on it and it maybe will spak some debate on here.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

ive seen the book, my dad read it once upon a time, but have never been interested enough to pick it up and read it, ive got a couple other books on my list first but i may pick it up sometime
    "An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity."

-Martin Luther King Jr.

Inactive Member imported_MoonlightGraham's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

hey gcdevil22, are you referring to uniformitarianism? i believe that is the term when you think that everything that is happening has happened before.

Steve Hawkins is th man, he is probally the smartest man in the world right now.
    [img]http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i42/stinmeister/untitled-2.jpg[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i cannot remember what the guy had called it...he was a professor and was speaking at an event in lake junaluska and i got to hear it

-Martin Luther King Jr.