Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 78

Thread: Restaurants...

  1. #51
    Inactive Member keeb's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 3rd, 2003
    Posts
    15
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Restaurants...

    Unfort. I've worked there since opening, and still work @ FedEx. I guess you could say that I am a "Working Woman!"

  2. #52
    Inactive Member OAR's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 27th, 2003
    Posts
    1,435
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Restaurants...

    oh dude, next year when Cuz's opens, you need to go try the Hunka-Steak...biggest steak they have...mmmmmm good

  3. #53
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Restaurants...

    Everyone raves about Cuz's, but the one time I ate there I didn't like it too much. I think it depends upon what you get there.

    Their BBQ is not very good, but their steaks I reckon are top notch, and they say the seafood kabob was pretty good. We try and stop there if we are lucky enough to get a Graham football game on a Saturday.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  4. #54
    Inactive Member gcdevil22's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 11th, 2004
    Posts
    5,129
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Restaurants...

    yeah...i got the filet butterflied and it was dang good...i think they could have a better choice of steak sauces, and the tea is awful...but if ya get a soft drink and a steak, ya cant beat it
    "An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity."

    -Martin Luther King Jr.

  5. #55
    Inactive Member SunTzu's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    1,434
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Restaurants...

    Is Beamers place any good or is it average and overpriced ? Is the Farmhouse still in business? Macadoos was always good and that was 25 yrs ago.
    Life is a grindstone . Whether it grinds us down or polishes us up , depends on what we are made of .

  6. #56
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Restaurants...

    Average and overpriced.
    The Farmhouse is still open.

    I just don't like Macados at all. I can make sandwiches and open a bag of chips at home. The service has gone completely downhill. You get seated and for some reason the servers fail to realize you're there, and then half the time they forget to put the order in (at least that's been my experience in the past half dozen years or so).
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

  7. #57
    Inactive Member 89bluedevil's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 30th, 2005
    Posts
    763
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Restaurants...

    Glad someone brought that up. Had that same experience in Roanoke and haven't gone back.

  8. #58
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Restaurants...

    went to Golden Corral one Saturday night when they had the steak on the buffet. It was awesome. Just as good as if you went to Outback or Texas Roadhouse. I was so pleased and shocked that steak off a buffet would be that good
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

  9. #59
    Inactive Member imported_yomama's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 14th, 2005
    Posts
    162
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Restaurants...

    Macados' sandwiches are good, and I occasionally go there, but they without a doubt have the worst service ever!

    As an undergrad I consistently got bad service for four years. Now whenever I am in town and visit, the service is just as bad. It amazes me. I think in the 7 or 8 years I've been eating there, I've had a handful of good servers.


  10. #60
    Inactive Member imported_yomama's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 14th, 2005
    Posts
    162
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Restaurants...

    Beamer's supposedly reopened this past year under new management and is better than it used to be. I haven't tried it though.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •