Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Appy. Bad Way To Make The News

you all want to know how this hurts the town? what is in common with most of the citizens of appalachia? they are an older crowd. those who stuck through in the good ol' days, and now that all of this has happened what young person who is building their life is going to want to stay in a place as screwed up as this? Everyone can talk about "oh there isnt much here but we still love this town" we are now growing up where we cant get a job without some kind of a degree, and with no jobs here besides the mines its going to kill this town. I know one thing, if i had kids i sure wouldnt want them to stay around here. Unfortunately for me i had a circumstance where i had to come back for a while. I just hope we can turn this town around to what it once was. Sure we dont have the huge booming coal mines like we used to. but its building back up. and there is a "new" thiing called the internet. WE COULD get some businesses in here. I guarantee you that. Who would not want to set up an internet/long distance business in a town where the rent would be practically nothing. Something like fairfield resorts could come in, hire up about 25-30 people and make a killing. Not saying that would be the company to do it. But there are aspiring young people everywhere wanting to start up. and as long as it doesnt depend on the population of the town to bring in business it could do fine here. Better than running it out of your own home or a basement. There is still hope for our little town. We need to bring in people with ideas to save this place. Vote Smart next election.
    Cant we all just get along?

Anybody see the story in the Coalfield about the guys from Pound trying to take some of the "Heat" off Appy? Accused of setting fires cause they like to work fires and ride the engines? Will wonders never cease- and I wonder what prompted Appy's bunch NOT to resign? [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It is a shame the citizens of Appalachia have become the target of jokes over this mess. I know a lot of people in Appalachia, and I have family there. For the most part they are honest and decent people. The town of Appalachia has had more than it's share of bad publicity over the years because of a handful of people who think they are above the law. It is time for the honest people to take back their town and restore their image. If those who were charged are found guilty I hope they get to spend a few years with LPDFTBL. Enough is enough.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Began my Teaching Career in Appy in 1969. There were and still are some fine folks in Appy. I know most of the folks involved in the fraud situation and I feel sorry for Appy and the problems. Most of all, I feel sorry for the folks who are honest and are interested in a revival of Appalachia. I would hope that folks such as Rick Bowman would come forward and do some good things. Maybe this could be used to see what changes are needed in the Town Govt. and use the situation to put capable, honest, caring people in charge and begin to do something to help the Town and not use the situation to further themselves.
    You can never rise above the image that you have of yourself in your own mind."

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123