Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 22

Thread: Suicide

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member imported_VTgal's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 24th, 2002
    Posts
    1,245
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Suicide

    I just think about my cousin Sheena. When she was battling Leukemia, the doctors went on and on about how she was so strong and had such a positive attitude through the whole thing. I went to see her at St. Judes on her 16th birthday...the last birthday she celebrated here on Earth...and when I walked in she was hooked up to everything taking a treatment. Something started beeping and she went over the the machine. It stopped beeping. The nurse came in and said, "Well, Sheena, you don't even need me anymore do you..." and laughed.

    At the end of her battle, she was still positive...writing letters to her family saying, "I love you. We have a lot of catching up to do..."

    I just think about her. Her life. Her fight. Her death.
    Helps me put things in perspective.
    Serious sport has nothing to do with fair play. It is bound up with hatred, jealousy, boastfulness, disregard of all rules and sadistic pleasure in witnessing violence. In other words, it is war minus the shooting.
    George Orwell

  2. #2
    The_Sage
    Guest The_Sage's Avatar

    Re: Suicide

    If anyone needs a WAKE UP call,, and they think they have more problems than they can deal with,, then go visit the VETERANS ADMINISTRATION in SALEM,, I would say NO ONE on this board comes even close to these FINE PEOPLE who gave their all for our country and all of us,, and are tucked away in wheel chairs etc., and seemingly LOVED by NO ONE or they would not be there.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member SWVA-Football's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2005
    Posts
    4,965
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Suicide

    [ QUOTE ]
    I just think about my cousin Sheena. When she was battling Leukemia, the doctors went on and on about how she was so strong and had such a positive attitude through the whole thing. I went to see her at St. Judes on her 16th birthday...the last birthday she celebrated here on Earth...and when I walked in she was hooked up to everything taking a treatment. Something started beeping and she went over the the machine. It stopped beeping. The nurse came in and said, "Well, Sheena, you don't even need me anymore do you..." and laughed.

    At the end of her battle, she was still positive...writing letters to her family saying, "I love you. We have a lot of catching up to do..."

    I just think about her. Her life. Her fight. Her death.
    Helps me put things in perspective.

    [/ QUOTE ]

    Great story VTGal... Definitely shows that suicide is only for the weak, as even her battle with Leukemia didn't get her down.
    Officially retired

  4. #4
    Inactive Member MikMo's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 23rd, 2002
    Posts
    3,344
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Suicide

    I personally believe that everyone goes through a tribulation period in their life where things get so bad, you hit rock bottom. That is the time when you're tested to see if you have the strength to go on. My personal tribulation came when my mother passed away and I lost everything after that. I would have been living under a bridge if it hadn't been for one of my friends. I had to stay at his place for 10 months. I was jobless and destitute. He kept a gun in his house and one night, I was just a few steps away from putting a bullet through my head. But something kept me from it. After that, I was able to get my own place, a good job, and now I have a love in my life like I've never had before. I believe that I made it through that and now I'm being rewarded. Things aren't good as they could be, but they're better than they were then. Believe me, if you think about suicide, think again. There is nothing.....I REPEAT, nothing in this world worth taking your own precious life for.
    [img]http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k102/ETWNAPPEL/calgraphic.gif?t=1238543058[/img]

  5. #5
    Inactive Member SWVA-Football's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2005
    Posts
    4,965
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Suicide

    [ QUOTE ]
    There is nothing.....I REPEAT, nothing in this world worth taking your own precious life for.

    [/ QUOTE ]

    Amen to that.
    Officially retired

  6. #6
    Inactive Member SWVA-Football's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2005
    Posts
    4,965
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Suicide

    I really don't think there's anything wrong with self ownage.. it's just a way for cowards to die more easily.

    As they say, "Only the strong survive."
    Officially retired

  7. #7
    Inactive Member imported_ut1's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    1,654
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Suicide

    God is the Giver of Life. He alone has the right to take it away from us. Our lives here are only temporary anyway and short enough the way it is. Its what comes after that is the best part. Suicide a sin? I think so, as you are trying to play God by deciding your own fate. I'd rather not take a chance myself. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

    Good point VTGal. The Little Princess taught all of us many valuable lessons, like how to be a fighter, to have a positive attitude, to never give up, to always trust in God, to face adversity with bravery and faith, to love and cherish family and friends. This time of the year, more than any other, I really miss her. Every time one of the girls ask for a piece of gum, in my mind I hear Sheena's sweet voice once again. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
    "Yes, there are two paths you can go by
    But in the long run
    There's still time to change the road you're on."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •