Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 49

Thread: Romano's

  1. #31
    Inactive Member smarty's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 13th, 2003
    Posts
    1,264
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Romano's

    I tried calling them around 12 to order lunch for our work place too and no one answered so finally after about 30 minutes I decided to just drive down there and place our orders. I asked them about the phone line and they said they were getting so many calls they had to d/c it b/c they couldn't keep up with all the orders.
    It took them about 45 minutes to get our order together and after I picked it up I realize they'd charged me a cheeseburger we didn't order so I had to take that back. They were super nice about it when I brought it back though. I just felt bad for them b/c they even had one of the waitresses walk out today during lunch. It was crazyness! Lunch time is def. not the best time to try and get service.

  2. #32
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Romano's

    [ QUOTE ]
    I was wondering about that.
    Our office called to order at lunch and it just rang and rang and rang; no pick up, no machine.
    Not a good way to make potential customers happy. You FIND a way to accomodate.

    [/ QUOTE ]

    Yeah, you at least tell them you are behind and that it will be such and such time before you can get to the order.
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

  3. #33
    Inactive Member imported_Sportsman's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    1,486
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Romano's

    You guys have convinced me that the place is not worth fooling with.....too many other good places to eat that you don't have to go through that kind of hassle with.

  4. #34
    Inactive Member Shoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 4th, 2002
    Posts
    1,620
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Romano's

    Ah what do you except? I mean people there go ape [censored] over something new, that it's unreal. I mean it's like some people have never at out or been to a place like that. I don't know. I guess it is my opinion. But I am sure Once the newness wears off that it will a great place to order out and all that. Plus with a new staff and all it's going to be rough for awhile.

    Oh yeah I was gonna ask if the people that owned it are the same people who own Pizza town in castlewood and lebanon? If so that's great. I mean the people are nice and the food at Pizza town is excellent. I love their steak and cheese.
    "Freedom is not free, it requires great sacrafice. The price is paid in blood."

  5. #35
    Inactive Member imported_mega's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2004
    Posts
    5,094
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Romano's

    Its the same people shoe, I think the owners may be brothers but thats just what Ive heard, I cant say for sure if thats accurate. The food however taste the same/looks the same. Great food.

  6. #36
    Inactive Member TheBeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,351
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Romano's

    Talked to the cook over at Castlewood last week and he said the same guy owns both.
    [COLOR="Lime"][SIZE="6"][FONT="Century Gothic"]CREAG AN TUIRC[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
    [img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a183/mm38nut/thkfc.gif[/img]

  7. #37
    Inactive Member CoeburnCane's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,931
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Romano's

    Well, when I'm back in town tomorrow since I've got the day off of work...I'll be going to Romano's sometime during the day to sit down & eat. If it's close to Pizza Town, I won't mind a 20-30 minute wait as long as they keep drinks coming. Also...until they get the waiting time down to 10-15 minutes, they ought to bring you some type of appetizer, bread, breadsticks, cheese sticks, something to munch on that's complimentary.
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]

  8. #38
    Inactive Member Hokie's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 22nd, 2006
    Posts
    197
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Romano's

    Noticed someone mentioned bellacino's in claypool hill. There is also one at Exit 7 beside the Pals.

  9. #39
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Romano's

    [ QUOTE ]
    Ah what do you except? I mean people there go ape [censored] over something new, that it's unreal. I mean it's like some people have never at out or been to a place like that. I don't know. I guess it is my opinion. But I am sure Once the newness wears off that it will a great place to order out and all that. Plus with a new staff and all it's going to be rough for awhile.

    Oh yeah I was gonna ask if the people that owned it are the same people who own Pizza town in castlewood and lebanon? If so that's great. I mean the people are nice and the food at Pizza town is excellent. I love their steak and cheese.

    [/ QUOTE ]
    It doesn't really matter if it is here on in Kingsport. something new opens and it is the same every where. people just want to try something new. I mean when Chillis opened in Kingsport you would have thought that there wasn't one close and the same with Cootie Browns, both were just packed like anything that opens here in Wise Co. for the first few weeks.
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

  10. #40
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Romano's

    my overall take is that I'll keep going to Romas in Wise
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •