Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19

Thread: Athletes

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    HB Forum Owner R0cketer's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    7,632
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Athletes

    I'm inclined to think they all are

    The hardest ones to judge are race car drivers, even though they have extremely hard fitness programs now and its a year round thing. Racing is also extremely mental now too, its a life and death thing, you're relying on others to be safe, and others to have assembled something thats not going to kill you. It involves a lot of hand/eye coordination and skill. Is it something that requires you to be the most athletic in the world? No but still athletes now.

    Same with wrestling. Anymore with the things they do, or at least most of them, they have to be athletes. Not all but then again how many of us would look at David Wells or Big Papi and say he looks athletic [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member sic's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 22nd, 2004
    Posts
    549
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Athletes

    Yes
    Yes
    Yes
    Yes
    Yes
    No - I hate fake wrestling.....it's more like watching a Drama on TV
    [img]http://www.darkphotography.net/Media/Bands/Cradle%20Of%20Filth/CradleLogo_Roll.jpg[/img]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member SWVA-Football's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2005
    Posts
    4,965
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Athletes

    UFC and MMA fighting in general is badass. I absolutely love it.
    Officially retired

  4. #4
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Athletes

    I also have heard people say golf is not a sport. That`s the craziest thing I've ever heard. Before I started playing I would have agreed, but no looking back I was just ignorant. But I've been playing for a while now and this is by far the most difficult sport there is. If you like to win in everything you do like myself this game will hook you, because trust me you won`t be too good starting out and it`ll make you just practice that much harder until you are. This game also doesn't just come to you over night it takes years of practice and experience.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member SunTzu's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    1,434
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Athletes

    I remember in Algebra or Trig or some otherwise forgotten math class many yrs ago at PV , Coach Paye would argue with anyone that golf was by far the most difficult sport. His argument was based on the size of the ball and the size of the target and the distance involved. It may not be physically demanding but in accuracy it is hard to top.
    Life is a grindstone . Whether it grinds us down or polishes us up , depends on what we are made of .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •