Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 15 of 15

Thread: Grundy

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Grundy

    They are having problems with flooding, and its about to wash the town away. I am not sure that they are actually going to "flood" the old town area to create a reservoir. Although it may happen in the future.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  2. #2
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Grundy

    Hate to see anyone lose their "home". On the bright side , Thomas Village started out as a "flood fix" for Clinchport, didn't it? Looks like really nice now.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Bettyboop's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 25th, 2005
    Posts
    284
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Grundy

    Grundy is my hometown. Go over about every week-end. It is very depressing for me, even though, it is needed. I am 64 years old, so there are a lot of memories for me. Sweet, sweet memories.
    :
    [img]http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f304/Betty725/d906_bBetty-Boop-Kiss-Posters.jpg[/img]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member pvfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,518
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Grundy

    Today was the first time I've been to Grundy in probably five years or so. It has changed that is for sure, I hope they can get the town were it is not flood happy like it is now. Coming back to Wise County was pretty rough today, standing water was in the road over there.
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •