Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Sushi

  1. #1
    Inactive Member imported_VTgal's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 24th, 2002
    Posts
    1,245
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Sushi

    Anyone know of a good place to get some sushi and cali rolls in Kingsport?
    Serious sport has nothing to do with fair play. It is bound up with hatred, jealousy, boastfulness, disregard of all rules and sadistic pleasure in witnessing violence. In other words, it is war minus the shooting.
    George Orwell

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Ironlung's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2002
    Posts
    10,218
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Sushi

    Kroger may have sushi. I know two of the ones in JC and the one in Bristol have sushi restaraunts called Tsunami in them. I'm not sure about K-port though. If you go to JC, there are two. One on Sunset, right off Roan Street. The other is the big new store on State Of Franklin about .5 miles before the Mini Dome. Bristol is off exit 1, right beside the mall.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

  3. #3
    Inactive Member NotSoSilentBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,067
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Sushi

    Edo in Colonial Heights. Ask for Benson. He owns the place and will set you up.
    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member imported_SuperX's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 1st, 2004
    Posts
    967
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Sushi

    i just cant bring myself to eating half raw fish

  5. #5
    Inactive Member NotSoSilentBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,067
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Sushi

    It is a common misconception that sushi consists of just raw fish.

    If you have an aversion to raw fish, that still leaves a lot to try. California rolls, bbq eel rolls, shrimp nigiri, etc.

    For me, there is nothing finer than maguro, toro, and salmon.
    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member imported_VTgal's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 24th, 2002
    Posts
    1,245
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Sushi

    Thanks guys.

    I didn't get my sushi fix last night unfortunately. I saw a place called Sushi Blues on North Roan in JC last night that I may end up trying.

    I love salmon too.
    Serious sport has nothing to do with fair play. It is bound up with hatred, jealousy, boastfulness, disregard of all rules and sadistic pleasure in witnessing violence. In other words, it is war minus the shooting.
    George Orwell

  7. #7
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Sushi

    [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]If it didn't "Moo" while alive, I have a hard time eating it.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member RaiderWahoo0105's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 25th, 2004
    Posts
    625
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Sushi

    I used to have a huge aversion to sushi until this past year when I was taught how to eat it properly.

    Take the green stuff that looks like green clay (wasabi), pour out so soy sauce, dissolve green stuff in the sauce, and dip all or your sushi's in it.

    It
    a. Gets rid of the taste of raw fish and bring out other good flavors (assuming you're eating the raw fish kind but like said before there are other really good kinds with cooked crab, lobster, and shrimp even)
    b. Gets rid of the taste of seaweed (assuming you're eating a wrapped sushi) and vinegar (I hate vinegar always)


    But of course most Japanese people don't really use too much of the soy and wasabi because they do like those strong tastes.

    I'm at work on a Saturday morning and haven't had breakfast yet haha.
    Go Wahoos!
    Go Mounties!
    [img]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a39/flipanova_7/Inferno.jpg[/img]

  9. #9
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Sushi

    Oops... I had 2 breaded pork chops. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] PS I keep a large supply of pork flesh in the freezer/fridge to keep away Islamic terrorists....it has worked so far.

  10. #10
    Inactive Member RaiderWahoo0105's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 25th, 2004
    Posts
    625
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Sushi

    I'm jealous, I'd kill for some biscuits and gravy from Hardees.
    Go Wahoos!
    Go Mounties!
    [img]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a39/flipanova_7/Inferno.jpg[/img]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •