Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 28

Thread: Abortion

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member gcdevil22's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 11th, 2004
    Posts
    5,129
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Abortion

    yea or nay?
    "An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity."

    -Martin Luther King Jr.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Shoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 4th, 2002
    Posts
    1,620
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Abortion

    I say nay! But the reason behind it is this, if you are unable to take care or the child or have the means to then give them up for adoption. There is always a couple out there that is unable to children that would love to have one of the own. The only reason I can see someone having an abortin is if the baby is already dead in the womb or something along those lines.
    "Freedom is not free, it requires great sacrafice. The price is paid in blood."

  3. #3
    Inactive Member SWVA-Football's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2005
    Posts
    4,965
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Abortion

    [ QUOTE ]
    I say nay! But the reason behind it is this, if you are unable to take care or the child or have the means to then give them up for adoption. There is always a couple out there that is unable to children that would love to have one of the own. The only reason I can see someone having an abortin is if the baby is already dead in the womb or something along those lines.

    [/ QUOTE ]

    I definitely agree with you on that one.

    Abortion is idiotic and shouldn't be allowed period. Adoption for the win!
    Officially retired

  4. #4
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Abortion

    [ QUOTE ]
    I say nay! But the reason behind it is this, if you are unable to take care or the child or have the means to then give them up for adoption. There is always a couple out there that is unable to children that would love to have one of the own. The only reason I can see someone having an abortin is if the baby is already dead in the womb or something along those lines.

    [/ QUOTE ]
    well, yes and no to your point. how many children don't get adopted each year and grow up without a family? way too many.
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

  5. #5
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Abortion

    Generally speaking, I'm opposed. Abortion is too frequently used as 'birth control'

    However, there are a few grey areas.
    Imagine, if you will, a 9, 10 or 11 year old girl raped & impregnated (perhaps even incest). Although girls very frequently have gone through puberty at this age, they are neither physically nor mentally ready to bear a child.

    Many little girls this age are 4 feet tall and maybe 70 pounds.

    Another scenario: a young relative of mine has a medical condition (that will be corrected at a later date), that would result in death for her if she carried a child to term.
    What if she was raped & impregnated. Would you choose abortion in this scenario? I likely would.
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Craes's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 4th, 2005
    Posts
    1,212
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Abortion

    I am inclined to agree with all that you have said here. But also agree with while I would not choose to have one it is not up to me regulate someone else. And yes I do agree that many couples want to adopt, I also see kids that are thrown in a foster care situation that they didn't ask to be in, growing worse than worst and since that is all they ever knew the cycle continues. Many of which are not adopted. OR what happens when you adopt a child that has some genetic issues, autism maybe, asperger's, something you have to wait til later to find out about and they request a reversal of the adoption. Guess what folks that happens. So even with adoption there are some concerns.
    I was married by a judge. I should have asked for a jury.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Abortion

    The thing about people referring to the foster kids is that yes there are those out there who are left in foster care for most of their childhood. You very rarely see a baby in foster care though. Babies are normally adopted very early. Its the 3+ age group that has been removed from a family, abused, or left to fend for themselves that normally end up in foster care for most of their childhood.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  8. #8
    Inactive Member imported_biggamesjames's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 5th, 2004
    Posts
    1,410
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Abortion

    [ QUOTE ]
    I am inclined to agree with all that you have said here. But also agree with while I would not choose to have one it is not up to me regulate someone else. And yes I do agree that many couples want to adopt, I also see kids that are thrown in a foster care situation that they didn't ask to be in, growing worse than worst and since that is all they ever knew the cycle continues. Many of which are not adopted. OR what happens when you adopt a child that has some genetic issues, autism maybe, asperger's, something you have to wait til later to find out about and they request a reversal of the adoption. Guess what folks that happens. So even with adoption there are some concerns.

    [/ QUOTE ]

    No its not up to you alone but it is up to all of us as citizens of this country to regulate the laws of the land. We do that by casting votes. Its similar to saying well I would never commit murder but its not up to me to regulate what others do...fact is in society its up to all of us. On issues such as this(and gay marriage) I wouldn't be opposed to a national vote and let that be that be the deciding factor. The only provisions would be to allow for abortions in the case of incest or rape. The rape abortion would have to be granted by a judge in a special hearing and they would have to be sworn in under oath and possibly pass a polygraph exam and have some medical proof on hand that they were actually raped. Abortion should never be used as a form of birth control period.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member smarty's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 13th, 2003
    Posts
    1,264
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Abortion

    I would never chose to have an abortion I think this should definitely be your last options, the only circumstances I personally would ever chose to have an abortion would be in the case or rape that's just my personally decision though.

    BUT...I am for a woman's right to chose. If a girl is desperate enough to get an abortion then she's going to get one and I'd much rather it be by a professional doctor who knows what he is doing instead of in some back alley somewhere. I just don't think you can completely outlaw abortion b/c like was posted before me what bout in the case of rape? or incest? or other extreme circumstances? I just think no matter what I would do personally I'm not everyone and I would never tell a woman what she can or can't do with her body nor would I want the govt. regulating what a woman can do with her body.

  10. #10
    Inactive Member gcdevil22's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 11th, 2004
    Posts
    5,129
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Abortion

    im goin with smarty here...id never suggest abortion nor would i let my gf/wife ever get one (unless we knew it would seriously harm the mother)...but to each his (her) own and im not gonna decide for them
    "An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity."

    -Martin Luther King Jr.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •