Results 1 to 10 of 28

Thread: ps3

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member steer's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 3rd, 2002
    Location
    Bristol, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    3,872
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: ps3

    I disagree. Actually there are not going to be many more "exclusive games". After another year or two, everything is going to be both systems. If EA likes the 360 better, they sure didn't show it with Madden. It is hands down better on PS3.
    I will agree with the fact 360 has many many more games, but it's only a short time before PS3 catches up.
    but I'm not complaining, I have the benefit of playing both systems. So, I'm satisfied.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member duckmeat's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 7th, 2007
    Posts
    2,017
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: ps3

    madden also came out three or four months later. regardless, madden has been crap on the next gen systems. ea has done nothing with their exlusive contract with teh nfl or whatever. anyway, ign gave madden 8.3 for ps3, 8.5 for 360.

    if it does come down to both systems having the same games, the 360 should win. why would you want to beat a game on the ps3 and it be meaningless? thats one reason the achievement system is genius.

    the 360 is cheaper, has a better controller, better interface, better online.. plus gears of war, halo 3, mass effect...

    as for the ps3 being "true" 1080p, how many people actually have the equipment to tell? and i dont think there is a noticeable difference anyway, and i do have the equipment to tell.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member SWVA-Football's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2005
    Posts
    4,965
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: ps3

    Madden looks better on the 360; nearly every review has stated this. The only thing better about the PS3 version is the ability to have "gang tackles" and a couple of other things, but the XBOX 360 looks better in terms of nailing finer details.

    Right now, the XBOX 360 not only has better visuals in nearly all games that are on both systems, but most of the games are actually BETTER on the 360 in terms of their scores!

    Need proof to show that I'm not just running my mouth?

    http://www.gamespot.com/features/6162742/index.html

    That's just scratching the surface.

    Stick with the XBOX 360. Right now, the PS3 is a waste.

    [ QUOTE ]
    I can't wait until College Football..... I have my PS3 hooked up with HDMI and my Optical Digital surround sound and it looks and sounds great. I don't know what XBOX 360 has in regards to sound quality and Image quality.

    [/ QUOTE ]

    EA produces NCAA football games and most of their multiplatform games don't change much from system-to-system, so there's no reason to prefer a PS3 just because of that.

    The NCAA games will more than likely look and sound virtually identical on XBOX 360 and PS3.

    [ QUOTE ]
    but the ps3 is tough to beat. you can't go wrong with either one.

    [/ QUOTE ]

    Right now, there's nothing the PS3 has that can't be beaten. The PS3 is far behind as of now; the XBOX 360 is miles ahead, same for the Wii. Until they start getting better software, Sony is going to have lots of catching up to do.

    The PS3 isn't a bad system, it's just worthless because the XBOX 360 performs just as well and looks just as good - actually, BETTER in some games - so there's no reason to choose a PS3 over an XBOX 360 at this time, and likely not until far into the future.

    [ QUOTE ]

    the 360 is cheaper, has a better controller, better interface, better online.. plus gears of war, halo 3, mass effect...

    as for the ps3 being "true" 1080p, how many people actually have the equipment to tell? and i dont think there is a noticeable difference anyway, and i do have the equipment to tell.

    [/ QUOTE ]

    ^
    Exactly my thoughts.
    Officially retired

  4. #4
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: ps3

    Just get a PS3 and tell me you want to play anything else.
    I would take a PS3 over a 360 just so I can play resistance.

    The 360 is prolly ahead of the PS3 right now, but the wii isn't even on the same level. The wii is fun especially wii sports but the graphics are awful, and on the more popular games such as madden, the game play is awful. Based on history I'm extremley confident that sony will be on top again, it'll just take time.

    Either way I ain't trading my PS3 for nothing Microsoft or Nintendo has.

    By the way does anyone know if the 360 has a compatible keyboard and mouse?


  5. #5
    Inactive Member duckmeat's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 7th, 2007
    Posts
    2,017
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: ps3

    resistance's online gameplay is lacking. it does nothing that halo hasn't already accomplished a few years ago. i dont even think it is much better than call of duty.

    and to your question..i have owned a ps3. sold it and bought a tv to play my 360 on. i have friends w/ ps3's and the most part they wish they had a 360. i just really don't think sony is gonna win this time...

  6. #6
    Inactive Member SWVA-Football's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2005
    Posts
    4,965
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: ps3

    [ QUOTE ]

    I would take a PS3 over a 360 just so I can play resistance.

    [/ QUOTE ]

    Gears of War is a better game than Resistance (by quite a bit) in my opinion, but to each his own. Resistance seems to be just another generic shooter game.

    [ QUOTE ]

    The 360 is prolly ahead of the PS3 right now, but the wii isn't even on the same level. The wii is fun especially wii sports but the graphics are awful, and on the more popular games such as madden, the game play is awful. Based on history I'm extremley confident that sony will be on top again, it'll just take time.

    [/ QUOTE ]

    It depends on how Sony plays the game. GTA was one of the big games for the PS2, but Sony no longer has that exclusive license that can push them ahead. Do you think Metal Gear Solid 4 can do it alone? There aren't many more super-hot titles in the distance for the PS3, so I'm not sure how things will work out.

    I think the XBOX 360 will crush the PS3, but you never know.

    [ QUOTE ]

    By the way does anyone know if the 360 has a compatible keyboard and mouse?

    [/ QUOTE ]

    Yep.. well, kinda.

    http://www.teamxtender.com
    EDIT - somewhat better link:
    http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/peripherals/xcm-xfps-xbox-360-keyboardmouse-adapter-available-now-223087.php


    The XFPS allows you to plug in a mouse and keyboard.

    Unfortunately, it hasn't gotten good reviews, though; hopefully better devices will come out in the future, especially for Halo 3. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    Officially retired

  7. #7
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: ps3

    Here are some of the games i'll be looking forward to for the next 6-8 months. ( I put a * next to PS3 exclusives)

    The Godfather: The Don's Edition
    Virtua Tennis 3
    Lair *
    Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Double Agent and Rainbow Six: Vegas
    MLB `07 The Show *
    Stuntman 2
    Singstar *(although I prolly won't play it I'll bet the kiddies go crazy for it)
    The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivian
    Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2
    The Bladestorm: Hundred Years' War
    Guitar Hero 3 * (360 is getting Guitar Hero 2 in April, will prolly get 3 eventually)
    The Bigs
    Heavenly Sword *
    Unreal Tournament 3
    Warhawk *
    The Eye of Judgment: Conquerors of 9 Fields *
    Grand Theft Auto IV


    I also can't wait for Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning which will be the first Warhammer game on a console and will undoubtly be the largest multiplayer game ever on a console.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member SWVA-Football's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2005
    Posts
    4,965
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: ps3

    Those are all great games .. I forgot about alot of those.

    I saw some screenshots for "Lair" on another forum and .. wow, talk about amazing.

    Have you seen some of the videos for Ghost Recon 2? That game looks really promising.
    Officially retired

  9. #9
    Inactive Member duckmeat's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 7th, 2007
    Posts
    2,017
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: ps3

    halo 3
    gears of war
    crackdown
    mass effect
    alan wake
    too human
    bioshock
    elveon
    fable 2
    forza motorsport 2
    overlord

    all of these games are exclusive, and just off the top of my head. i truly believe that the 360 is head and shoulders above the ps3 when it comes to the actual games.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •