Just returned from the convocatoin at cassell and it was a really surreal experience. First of all after arriving at Cassell at 1130 I was blown away at the numbers of students and parents already there as the lines stretched from Cassell all the way down past Lane Stadium and also from Cassell all the way down to the Library. The ceremonies were very good and I felt like the two most powerful speakers were the governor Tim Cain and our english professor Niki Giovani. I was very glad to see the support that everyone showed for president sterger as he was given a good 5 minute standing ovation in support of him. The best part of the ceremony was when professor Giovani spoke at the end delivering an amazing speech that struck the hearts of every student there. Her final words "We are Virginia Tech, WE WILL PREVAIL!!! WE WILL PREVAIL!!! WE WILL PREVAIL!!! WE ARE VIRGINIA TECH!!!" brought about a large outpour of emotion that broke into a cheer of LET'S GO HOKIES in which everyone participated in with tears in their eyes. All in all a very emotional experience and very glad I was able to be a part.
"Not everything that is good for you always feels good for you." -Lance Armstrong
I got a chill watching that. Took my lunch time to sit and watch it.
What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.
Bookmarks