anybody know where a good hike is? me and a buddy are wanting to go get one in today and take advantage of the great weather.. any ideas will be appreciated..
anybody know where a good hike is? me and a buddy are wanting to go get one in today and take advantage of the great weather.. any ideas will be appreciated..
Depends on how far you'd like to travel.
My absolute most favorite spot is the Cascades in Pembroke (Giles County). It's about 5-ish miles round-trip. One half uphill.
http://gilescounty.org/cascades.html
You'll shoot your eye out.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]
I love Giles County, in the end, thas where I think I will end up. I loved it there.
Nothing but the process is infinite
Eternal, endless, indefinite
hey if u've got myspace and wanna see my pics from yesterday chek em out
www.myspace.com/flamingwood all kinds of pics
It's another gorgeous day outside. Great hiking weather.
You'll shoot your eye out.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]
yep, I went back again today! even better than yesterday!
sure. you know the 4-lane between Burton HS and the turn off to go down the Valley?
well about 1/2 way between there is a bilboard, maybe the only one on that streach I can't remember, but if you are coming from the PV side about 100 yards after the bilboard pull off to the side of the road and follow the path up the mountain. There is a look out rock at the top on the left when you get up there. although it is up hill all the way it is an easy hike
Enjoy
[IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]
thanks 2 both of ya..
yeah we are just looking to get in a good hike somewhere and enjoy the day, and maybe take some pics..
how long does it take to get to the cascades?
The Cascades is about a half hour drive from Blacksburg, so I'm thinking about 3.5 hours from Wise/norton area.
I've been many many times, would love to go again.
http://www.pbase.com/elp6n/giles_co
You'll shoot your eye out.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]
alrighty! thank ya!
Bookmarks