Results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: Ryans

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member MikMo's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 23rd, 2002
    Posts
    3,344
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Ryans

    Anybody been to this rip joint lately? I had planned a day of it on Saturday to see Spiderman 3 (got knocked out of that early, they were all sold out), then go to Ryans. Well, to start off, they'd raised the price on their buffet to 8.99! It would have been different had it been worth it, but when I got up to it, all the standards that I was used to were missing. And when we sat down, the waitress took 15-20 minutes to bring our drinks and utensils. Then she brings 3 rolls that were so hard, I could have used them as lethal weapons. I'm going to try Golden Corral next time in in the K-Town and if they're any good, Ryans has got the last dollar they'll get off old Mo!
    [img]http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k102/ETWNAPPEL/calgraphic.gif?t=1238543058[/img]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member NotSoSilentBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,067
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Ryans

    Once Golden Corral opened in Kingsport, Ryan's became an afterthought. GC is about the same price (I think it was $20 for my wife and I the last time we were there), but they have a great selection.

    TheBeast and I ate breakfast at a GC in Conyers GA last weekend and were amazed at the selection. They even had an omelet station where two women made omelets to order. Even had OJ on the bar.

    Last time we ate at Ryan's, everyone in our party got sicker than dogs.
    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member untamedgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 13th, 2007
    Posts
    11
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Ryans

    Golden Corral is much better than Ryans! I haven't eaten at Ryans since GC opened! [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Ryans

    I never really cared for Ryan's that much myself. The salad bar offerings were fairly generic. I didn't care for what little hot food they had - low quality - so basically I'd spend $9 on a salad and a cookie.
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

  5. #5
    Inactive Member vikescoach's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 7th, 2004
    Posts
    841
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Ryans

    I used to work for Ryans, and the Jewish owners get cheaper and cheaper on their products on a regular basis...very blah and boring food and atmosphere
    "One must strive for perfection to achieve excellence." Don Shula

  6. #6
    Inactive Member MikMo's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 23rd, 2002
    Posts
    3,344
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Ryans

    Whoa! My comments about Ryan's are now bringing out the racial stereotypes!
    [img]http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k102/ETWNAPPEL/calgraphic.gif?t=1238543058[/img]

  7. #7
    Inactive Member MikMo's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 23rd, 2002
    Posts
    3,344
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Ryans

    It is a racial stereotype that Jewish people are cheap and money hungry.
    [img]http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k102/ETWNAPPEL/calgraphic.gif?t=1238543058[/img]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •