Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 41

Thread: Sunburn...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member UTVols2's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 17th, 2006
    Posts
    5,601
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Sunburn...

    OK, I need a good sunburn cure..... I got blistered today because it was mainly overcast and when I got home I was as red as a lobster. Any help would be appreciated. I have coated myself with aloe vera gel once and noxema once because someone said that worked. What is everyones opinion and what works best.
    [IMG]http://www.gifsoup.com/view/926256/tennessee-vols-al-wilson-o.gif[/IMG]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Sunburn...

    Ibuprofen (in addition to any moisturizing product).
    This advice brought to you by the sunburn professional.

    You won't get a cure because sunburn is skin damaged beyond repair, but those things will help reduce the pain and inflammation.
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member UTVols2's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 17th, 2006
    Posts
    5,601
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Sunburn...

    I have taken 5 already.... I hope all of the things I have tried will work. Thanks elp6n....
    [IMG]http://www.gifsoup.com/view/926256/tennessee-vols-al-wilson-o.gif[/IMG]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Sunburn...

    5 would be about 1000 mg
    I am prescribed 1600mg a day - may want to call ask-a-nurse about this kind of dosage for yourself.
    877-230-NURSE
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

  5. #5
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Sunburn...

    If you just want it to quit burning and don't care to peel, have someone rub vinager all over the burn, and take a shower. I have done this before and the burn was gone right away, it still looked awful but I had minimal pain. The worst part is it'll itch like hell till the peeling begins.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member NotSoSilentBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,067
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Sunburn...

    Go roll around on the floor of an adult theater.
    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Ironlung's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2002
    Posts
    10,218
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Sunburn...

    I knew before I clicked it was going to be something like this. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img]
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

  8. #8
    Inactive Member michael jordan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 18th, 2007
    Posts
    327
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Sunburn...

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: UTVols2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have taken 5 already.... I hope all of the things I have tried will work. Thanks elp6n.... </div></div>

    Taking 4 would be the same as taking 1 prescription strength.
    As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another

  9. #9
    Inactive Member NotSoSilentBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,067
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Sunburn...

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: weedeater</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

    Taking 4 would be the same as taking 1 prescription strength. </div></div>

    Where'd you learn that Cheech? Drug school?
    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

  10. #10
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Sunburn...

    As if there was only one mg strength that was prescribed...
    He may be surprised to know that it can be prescribed and purchased through pharmacies at 200 mg, 600 mg, 800 mg, 1000 mg... etc.
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •