Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 41

Thread: Sunburn...

  1. #1
    Inactive Member UTVols2's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 17th, 2006
    Posts
    5,601
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Sunburn...

    OK, I need a good sunburn cure..... I got blistered today because it was mainly overcast and when I got home I was as red as a lobster. Any help would be appreciated. I have coated myself with aloe vera gel once and noxema once because someone said that worked. What is everyones opinion and what works best.
    [IMG]http://www.gifsoup.com/view/926256/tennessee-vols-al-wilson-o.gif[/IMG]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Sunburn...

    Ibuprofen (in addition to any moisturizing product).
    This advice brought to you by the sunburn professional.

    You won't get a cure because sunburn is skin damaged beyond repair, but those things will help reduce the pain and inflammation.
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member UTVols2's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 17th, 2006
    Posts
    5,601
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Sunburn...

    I have taken 5 already.... I hope all of the things I have tried will work. Thanks elp6n....
    [IMG]http://www.gifsoup.com/view/926256/tennessee-vols-al-wilson-o.gif[/IMG]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Sunburn...

    5 would be about 1000 mg
    I am prescribed 1600mg a day - may want to call ask-a-nurse about this kind of dosage for yourself.
    877-230-NURSE
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

  5. #5
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Sunburn...

    If you just want it to quit burning and don't care to peel, have someone rub vinager all over the burn, and take a shower. I have done this before and the burn was gone right away, it still looked awful but I had minimal pain. The worst part is it'll itch like hell till the peeling begins.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member NotSoSilentBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,067
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Sunburn...

    Go roll around on the floor of an adult theater.
    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Ironlung's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2002
    Posts
    10,218
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Sunburn...

    I knew before I clicked it was going to be something like this. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img]
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

  8. #8
    Inactive Member theletterl's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 26th, 2007
    Posts
    59
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Sunburn...

    I'm with lpd...a bath with plenty of vinegar. Just soak in it. You'll notice a change pretty quickly.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member michael jordan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 18th, 2007
    Posts
    327
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Sunburn...

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: UTVols2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">OK, I need a good sunburn cure..... I got blistered today because it was mainly overcast and when I got home I was as red as a lobster. Any help would be appreciated. I have coated myself with aloe vera gel once and noxema once because someone said that worked. What is everyones opinion and what works best. </div></div>

    This really works, try it. Get some brown paper towel, soak it in vinager, put it on the burn and it will draw al the heat out. I did it before and it was like a miracle, the sunburn was gone.
    As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another

  10. #10
    Inactive Member michael jordan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 18th, 2007
    Posts
    327
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Sunburn...

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: UTVols2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have taken 5 already.... I hope all of the things I have tried will work. Thanks elp6n.... </div></div>

    Taking 4 would be the same as taking 1 prescription strength.
    As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •