Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 41

Thread: Sunburn...

  1. #21
    Inactive Member theletterl's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 26th, 2007
    Posts
    59
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Sunburn...

    Until you can easily smell the vinegar.

  2. #22
    Inactive Member ms pemberley's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 22nd, 2007
    Posts
    344
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Sunburn...

    It's pretty much up to you. the best way to tell is by following your nose. If it's almost too nasty to be around, you're pretty close to perfect.

    And, depending on how bad the burn is, might want to consult a physician to make sure there's no sun poison (layman's term) happening. Been put in the hospital more than once as a kid because of that. It involves heavy antibiotics, some type of funky cream and a needle stuck in your arm quite uncomfortably for days.
    Looking for my Darcy, but finding only Wickham. Right now, I'd settle for Bingley.

  3. #23
    Inactive Member imported_burrhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 15th, 2003
    Posts
    1,878
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Sunburn...

    Bob's two ball compound is an instant cure. Herb knows firsthand!!!!!!!!!!! [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

  4. #24
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Sunburn...

    I always just had someone rub straight vinegar on me, didn't mix it with anything and it didn't matter what it was applied with, wash cloth, paper towl, etc.

  5. #25
    Inactive Member ms pemberley's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 22nd, 2007
    Posts
    344
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Sunburn...

    I usually try to stay away from that simply because the odor can be almost overpowering if you're not used to it. But that was my only cure one year when I had blisters on my back the size of quarters and 50-cent pieces. It worked like a charm and eventually I stopped smelling like a fresh batch of pickles [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]
    Looking for my Darcy, but finding only Wickham. Right now, I'd settle for Bingley.

  6. #26
    Inactive Member michael jordan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 18th, 2007
    Posts
    327
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Sunburn...

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shwalker32</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> do u have to use a brown paper towel or can u use any kind of paper towel? also any special kind of vinegar? </div></div>

    I just used the rough brown paper towel, and whitehouse Vinager.
    As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another

  7. #27
    Inactive Member michael jordan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 18th, 2007
    Posts
    327
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Sunburn...

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Biggin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">ive heard that reading the bible does well for sunburns, but i dunno

    </div></div>

    How would you know?
    As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another

  8. #28
    Inactive Member UTVols2's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 17th, 2006
    Posts
    5,601
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Sunburn...

    I now have blisters on my shoulders and don't like it. Guess next time I will learn my lesson and use a little bit of sunblock.
    [IMG]http://www.gifsoup.com/view/926256/tennessee-vols-al-wilson-o.gif[/IMG]

  9. #29
    Inactive Member michael jordan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 18th, 2007
    Posts
    327
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Sunburn...

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: UTVols2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I now have blisters on my shoulders and don't like it. Guess next time I will learn my lesson and use a little bit of sunblock. </div></div>

    Boy, I have been there before, I had my shirt off one time and fell asleep on a big rock, I suffered for a week with the same thing.
    As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another

  10. #30
    Inactive Member Rich_Kotite's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 5th, 2005
    Posts
    321
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Sunburn...

    How long were you out in the sun UT?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •