Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 41

Thread: Sunburn...

  1. #31
    Inactive Member UTVols2's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 17th, 2006
    Posts
    5,601
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Sunburn...

    Well, from about 10:00AM to 3:45PM exactly. The sun wasn't out but maybe 2 hours of that, the rest of the day it was behind the clouds. Heck, I thought I wasn't getting sun until I went home and went inside.
    [IMG]http://www.gifsoup.com/view/926256/tennessee-vols-al-wilson-o.gif[/IMG]

  2. #32
    Inactive Member UTVols2's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 17th, 2006
    Posts
    5,601
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Sunburn...

    I have been burnt plenty of times in my life, heck, as a former lifeguard that was all I would do and it never bothered me but for some reason this time it got me. Worst Sunburn I have ever experienced.
    [IMG]http://www.gifsoup.com/view/926256/tennessee-vols-al-wilson-o.gif[/IMG]

  3. #33
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Sunburn...

    A common misconception is that clouds reduce risk of sunburn.
    Sometimes we just have to learn the hard way [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img]

    Hope the healing process isn't too awfully bad for you! You have my sympathies (from someone who just can't handle the sun at all)
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

  4. #34
    Inactive Member imported_mega's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2004
    Posts
    5,094
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Sunburn...

    I feel your pain elp6n. Im kindly pasty white. I dont burn that easily but my skin gets more pink than it ever does tan. I was driving down main street last night and saw Dane's sister out walkin' with a ridiculous tan. Im highly jealous of people like that.

  5. #35
    Inactive Member vikescoach's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 7th, 2004
    Posts
    841
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Sunburn...

    That does wonder for many things!
    "One must strive for perfection to achieve excellence." Don Shula

  6. #36
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Sunburn...

    Someone else to share my pain!
    My father didnt share his genes for non-burning skin. He's got black hair, dark skin, tans easy. Dang him! My own sisters can tan and I can't. They used to tell me I was left on the doorstep by a family of lobsters, because I stayed red so much.
    I use SPF45 and it lasts maybe 45 minutes. I've already had a blistered scalp this year - it left a few marks even 3 weeks later.

    The sun is bad!

    I guess in the end maybe its not too bad. I dont tan purposefully and try to protect my skin best I can. So in 10 years I'll look just 10 years older hopefully, as opposed to some who tan chronically and age their skin faster.
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

  7. #37
    Inactive Member imported_mega's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2004
    Posts
    5,094
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Sunburn...

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: elp6n</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Someone else to share my pain!
    My father didnt share his genes for non-burning skin. He's got black hair, dark skin, tans easy. Dang him! I use SPF45 and it lasts maybe 45 minutes. I've already had a blistered scalp this year - it left a few marks even 3 weeks later.

    The sun is bad!</div></div>

    My dad was the same way(He passed away when I was a baby), but he was real dark just like you say your dad is. I ended up with my mom's genes in that area. My dad was so dark that he brought a black baby home from the hospital(a friend of his had a baby) and he told me grandmother that it was her new grandson. She nearly had a stroke [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

  8. #38
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Sunburn...

    LOL a pranking streak like my dad too! That's cool. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

    I definitely got my genes from mom's side - lots of blondes. Dad's side is American Indian - from my grandma. We really don't resemble at all, and when people ask my "heritage" I just say both sides have been in the states so long there's no particular heritage. It's much easier than trying to explain why this pale blonde is claiming AI heritage (it looks kind of dumb for me to even say it really).

    Sunscreen and long sleeves are our friend! Pasty people unite!
    [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img]
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

  9. #39
    Inactive Member imported_Counts's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 2002
    Posts
    3,370
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Sunburn...

    LOL can't be much more screwed up than mine LOL the parts I have traced are German and French Jamacen (The other parts are tougher due to an adoption a few generations back and the fact that I am to lazy to dig hard)

  10. #40
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Sunburn...

    That's quite a blend!

    All I know is that grandma is an American Indian.
    The rest I have no idea about. I could probably research Mom's side easy, but I could only research dad's side through my Papaw since grandma's records consist of her birth certificate that was located only 3 years ago. Could you imagine being 81 years old before you knew your actual full name, DOB, etc? What a mess. I wouldn't try to research that with a 10 foot pole.
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •