Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 36

Thread: Carowinds

  1. #1
    Inactive Member LPDfanincarolina's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 6th, 2002
    Posts
    250
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Carowinds

    My wife and I took our seven year old son to Carowinds today. To our surpise we found out that we have a coaster junkie on our hands. Top Gun and Vortex couldn't let him ride because he is not tall enough yet but he had a blast on all of the other coasters today.
    Forget the smaller rides like Ricochet, he loved the bigger, faster and better rides like Carolina Cyclone. If a ride had a cork screw or turned you upside down or even got you wet he was there for it. Lord I think I am going to hate roller coasters soon.

  2. #2
    The_Sage
    Guest The_Sage's Avatar

    Re: Carowinds

    More guts than me,, maybe you have another Evel Knievel?? buy that boy a motorcycle,,,,!!!

  3. #3
    Inactive Member aphrodite4ever's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 8th, 2006
    Posts
    537
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Carowinds

    Im terrified of roller coasters. Finally rode the hammer at the fair last year and I thought I was going to die of fright.
    RE-ELECT MARK HUTCHINSON SB DISTRICT 1.
    DONALD DUCK FOR SB IN DISTRICT 2 & 3. [ALL CANDIDATES ARE WORTHLESS]
    RE-ELECT KYLE FLETCHER SB DISTRICT 4
    [img]http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n261/aphrodite4evermore/wildcat.jpg[/img]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Carowinds

    One time while I was visiting Busch Gardens (just a few years back) the power went out. The entire park went down. All generators failed. They had to shut down the entire park for the day.
    What happened to all those folks that were on all those coasters?
    You guessed it - they were stuck and had to be rescued, without the benefit of backup power. Some were stuck hanging upside down, some sideways, some dangling over water, some at the highest points. 26

    I wanted nothing to do with coasters before then and I really don't want anything to do with them now! You can't tell me they're all perfectly safe!

    sick0013 sick0020 sick0012 sick0014

    I guess I'm just a "well-grounded" person. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img]
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

  5. #5
    Inactive Member imported_juggernaut28's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 23rd, 2004
    Posts
    941
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Carowinds

    My dad once worked for the fair when he was a teenager, so that's been 35yrs. ago. He told me that I would be surprised at what held some of the rides together. One ride he said was held together by two thin pins on each side of the cart you would sit in.
    I don't ride hardly anything at the fair, just what I have to with my youngest son. I know he likes them all and some of the rides I pray the whole time he is in the air on them.
    The last ride I rode at the fair was the cyclone or hammer and
    I said then if I got off of it alive I would never get back on another one.
    The older I get the more I want to stay on the ground.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member aphrodite4ever's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 8th, 2006
    Posts
    537
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Carowinds

    Im a big chicken when it comes to rides, if it goes up in the air you can basically forget it. I rode the pirate ship for the first time when I was 16 and I came off of it in tears because I am terrified of heights. For the longest time I was even afraid to ride the ferris wheel.
    RE-ELECT MARK HUTCHINSON SB DISTRICT 1.
    DONALD DUCK FOR SB IN DISTRICT 2 & 3. [ALL CANDIDATES ARE WORTHLESS]
    RE-ELECT KYLE FLETCHER SB DISTRICT 4
    [img]http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n261/aphrodite4evermore/wildcat.jpg[/img]

  7. #7
    Inactive Member timmy_v's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 7th, 2005
    Posts
    1,586
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Carowinds

    Last year when i was at King's Island the Son of Beast got a bump in its track coming from the big dip going into the loop and when a train went over it it broke a girls sternum and sent like 20 others to the hospital. Im glad we decided not to ride it that day since we were there 2 days earlier and had noticed it was rougher than usual.
    "Somebody may beat me, but they are going to have to bleed to do it." -Pre

  8. #8
    Inactive Member aphrodite4ever's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 8th, 2006
    Posts
    537
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Carowinds

    Thats done it for me, no rides at the fair for me this year.
    RE-ELECT MARK HUTCHINSON SB DISTRICT 1.
    DONALD DUCK FOR SB IN DISTRICT 2 & 3. [ALL CANDIDATES ARE WORTHLESS]
    RE-ELECT KYLE FLETCHER SB DISTRICT 4
    [img]http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n261/aphrodite4evermore/wildcat.jpg[/img]

  9. #9
    Inactive Member steer's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 3rd, 2002
    Location
    Bristol, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    3,872
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Carowinds

    look at it like this though. If something is going to happen to you, it's going to happen. Nothing you can do to prevent it, or ignore it. It's just like death, if it's your time, it's your time.

  10. #10
    The_Sage
    Guest The_Sage's Avatar

    Re: Carowinds

    How was your cruise?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •