Thread: Where do the arms come from?

Where do the arms come from?

From Reuters
    Bush administration is preparing a package of arms sales to Saudi Arabia and other Gulf states that could be worth some $20 billion over the next 10 years, a senior U.S. defense official said on Saturday.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Where do the arms come from?

I think Immortal Technique can give an insight on this.
    Nothing but the process is infinite
    Eternal, endless, indefinite

Inactive Member imported_juggernaut28's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

[quote=Spuds]From Reuters
    Bush administration is preparing a package of arms sales to Saudi Arabia and other Gulf states that could be worth some $20 billion over the next 10 years, a senior U.S. defense official said on Saturday.

Within 10yrs. these weapons will be used against us.

Selling weapons is tough. If you don't , you lose friends and make enemies and Russia or China will sell'em some anyway. It does seem as if everybody we sold arms to since the 70s we have had to fight. I wonder about selling to any Arab nations that won't at least verbally commit to supporting the US. Most of the major wars in the 20th century were about energy. At least to an extent. The Russians are about to lay claim to a great piece of the seabed now under artic ice. It is thought to contain a great amount of oil or gas. Anyone care to venture a guess as to where that would lead , if anywhere?

Inactive Member imported_juggernaut28's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Spuds</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Selling weapons is tough. If you don't , you lose friends and make enemies and Russia or China will sell'em some anyway. It does seem as if everybody we sold arms to since the 70s we have had to fight. I wonder about selling to any Arab nations that won't at least verbally commit to supporting the US. Most of the major wars in the 20th century were about energy. At least to an extent. The Russians are about to lay claim to a great piece of the seabed now under artic ice. It is thought to contain a great amount of oil or gas. Anyone care to venture a guess as to where that would lead , if anywhere? </div></div>

You are right, there is a fine line when it comes to selling arms. Russia helped support Iraq with this ongoing war right now. Though I believe they deny that.
    Selling arms with any Arab Nation will never make a better relationship between them and the US.

Russia is trying to claim a BIG piece of territory in the Artic. But under international law I don't know if they can. The US and Canada both say Russia has no right under international law to even try and claim it. I don't know who is going to get the right to claim it in the end. Up until now the territory has been considered international territory.

The Russians are building a claim under international law - they say an under sea moutain chain is an extension of one in Russia and it gives them ownership. Something like that.