Seems like we have some popping up over the region today. Seems to be the avg. popcorn style storms but there are severe warnings all around us so be careful in any outdoor activities.
Seems like we have some popping up over the region today. Seems to be the avg. popcorn style storms but there are severe warnings all around us so be careful in any outdoor activities.
[img]http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg277/cfd_1623/l_718884585b96167d3016bd636fbe24c0.gif[/img]
The storms that rode up the VA/KY line, which prompted the warning for Wise earlier, left over 1500 without power over in Knott, Leslie, Letcher, and Perry Counties.
Widespread severe weather outbreak possible for the Ohio/Tennessee Valley for the weekend, which could impact us. Potential for a good rainfall event too. Would be nice to have especially with the 4th coming up and the dry conditions.
Local Hazardous Weather Outlook
SPC severe weather outlooks
Since its lightning safety awareness week....
PRELIMINARY LOCAL STORM REPORT
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE LOUISVILLE KY
212 PM EDT THU JUN 26 2008
0155 PM LIGHTNING 2 SE FRANKFORT 38.17N 84.84W
06/26/2008 FRANKLIN KY EMERGENCY MNGR
*** 1 INJ *** 1 PERSON STRUCK BY LIGHTNING IN AREA OF
INDUSTRIAL PARK
Was driving home from Wise and going through Pound, I was looking for the funnel. Some small tree limbs were falling, I expected bigger ones. According to my wife, who went through shortly after going to Wise with her mother, there was some trees down. Listening to 93.5 I think it was as I was coming home, they were doing a remote in Clintwood and said something about the power being out heading up Red Onion area I believe.
What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.
Here they go again today. Looks like the northern part of Wise Co. got a little thundershower by the radar.
[img]http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg277/cfd_1623/l_718884585b96167d3016bd636fbe24c0.gif[/img]
we're getting brown outs here at work now
You'll shoot your eye out.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]
Just hit here in Fort a few minutes ago. Hard rain, which we need, and some nice lightning and loud thunder.
"Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08
Bookmarks