Its true tho. I have heard blacks use the term Oreo with that exact same explanation of it. So whats the big deal? If they are knocking someone for being white then blacks using it are the racists.
July 14, 2008
McLaughlin takes heat for 'Oreo' comment
Posted: 11:58 AM ET
From CNN Ticker Producer Alexander Mooney
(CNN) "? Longtime Washington talk-show host John McLaughlin is facing fire Monday for referring to Barack Obama as an "Oreo" during a segment on his Sunday political program, "The McLaughlin Group.
The veteran Washington journalist was discussing the recent comments from the Rev. Jesse Jackson, who was caught last week by an open microphone on Fox News saying the Illinois senator is "talking down to black people" as he campaigns for the White House. Those remarks were largely seen in reference to Obama's recent admonishment at a Chicago church of some black men who he said were not living up to their responsibilities as parents.
Referencing Jackosn's comments, McLaughlin said Obama "fits the stereotype blacks once labeled as an Oreo "? a black on the outside, a white on the inside."
"Does it frost Jackson, Jesse Jackson, that...an Oreo should be the beneficiary of the long civil rights struggle which Jesse Jackson spent his lifetime fighting for?" McLaughlin asked his panelists.
The term "Oreo" is often viewed as a derogatory term toward some African-Americans who appear not exhibit certain stereotypes of their race.
[IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]
Its true tho. I have heard blacks use the term Oreo with that exact same explanation of it. So whats the big deal? If they are knocking someone for being white then blacks using it are the racists.
GO VOLS
The thing is, even if a person does use that kind of language, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that saying certain things in public causes a fire storm. It's no different than Imus, I personally don't think it was that bad but still there are just some things you just don't say in speeches or over the airwaves.
...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....
Why cause we let the [censored] that get fired up over the stuff castrate us? At least they have the balls to speak the truth. I think we need more of it. The truth isn't only truthful when said by a certain race. Whats true is true IMHO.
GO VOLS
I know what you are saying, but over the airwaves nowdays you have to use a lil common sense..lol
...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....
LOL yeah. I'm not sure who oreo is suppose to be more offensive to. Half white/black or whites. Hell of an all-star game on BTW
GO VOLS
Yes it is..
...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....
Isn't it ironic that one of the major principles this nation was founded upon is freedom of speech,but in these politically correct land of the offended times,folks are getting that freedom smothered. Way too many whiners and thin-skins.
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future
The government has wiped it's a$$ with our rights since the Patriot Act went into effect....so if they are gonna take mine, they might as well take everyone else's as well.
...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....
Now remember, the "age" of political correctness came about with the Clintons.
Bookmarks