We need the rain, but what timing. The opening night of football, and race weekend.
Hope it doesn't stay on the latest projected paths, the ones bringing it into and near this area, and end up canceling games this week. Maybe most of the heavier rains will be to our east. Still a few days out though, which also means most likely that track will shift somewhat by this time tomorrow, haha.
Current projected path:
Local NWS forecast discussion....
.LONG TERM...(MONDAY NIGHT THROUGH SATURDAY)...STAYED WITH THE DRY FORECAST FOR MOST OF THE FORECAST AREA UNTIL THURSDAY NIGHT WHEN CIRCULATION ASSOCIATED WITH FAY PULLS DEEP TROPICAL MOISTURE INTO THE SOUTHERN APPALACHIANS. HIGHEST CHANCE POPS WERE USED ON FRIDAY AS CENTER OF CIRCULATION BUILDS ACROSS THE FORECAST AREA. KEPT SLIGHT CHANCE PROBABILITY GOING ON SATURDAY WITH UNCERTAINTY EXPECTED IN POSITION OF FAY. STAYED PRETTY CLOSE TO GUIDANCE TEMPS THROUGH THE PERIOD.
We need the rain, but what timing. The opening night of football, and race weekend.
"Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08
I'd hate to be a forecaster looking at all this right now, lol.... The models are all over the place with it. Flip a coin. Some of those say it may still be in the Gulf this weekend, haha.
![]()
Bookmarks