Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 43

Thread: Obama

  1. #1
    Inactive Member SunTzu's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    1,434
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Obama

    Today I was in Greensboro NC and I noticed dozens of state , county and Greensboro police at every exit , onramp and intersection on Hwy 29 North . Shortly I passed in the opposite direction a huge police/Secret Service motorcade and 2 unmarked black tinted windowed buses . No one could get within about a quarter mile of the motorcade . Found out Obama made a surprise visit to a local farmers market on his campaign trail . I dare guess at the cost of this motorcade and police overtime to man every intersection / exit . Thank God I was traveling in the opposite direction and it was a 4 lane .
    Life is a grindstone . Whether it grinds us down or polishes us up , depends on what we are made of .

  2. #2
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Obama

    They said the other day that he is going to be spending extra time in NC, VA and Penn. there may have been a few more but those are the ones I remember.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member centennialdawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2003
    Posts
    3,263
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Obama

    Bet he doesn't show up in this part of Virginia. He still looks like the dude on the cover of mad magazine to me

  4. #4
    Inactive Member SportsJunkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 24th, 2008
    Posts
    140
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Obama

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: centennialdawg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Bet he doesn't show up in this part of Virginia. He still looks like the dude on the cover of mad magazine to me </div></div>


    Sir, he was already in Bristol once this summer. Do you not watch the news? Really, it's quite pathetic how some on here try to just flat out lie about Obama and McCain, it's a damn shame.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member steer's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 3rd, 2002
    Location
    Bristol, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    3,872
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Obama

    This part of Virginia isn't the same as Bristol. Bristol is more advanced than over here.
    He wants the blue collared, hard workers votes... come over here to coal mining country

  6. #6
    Inactive Member SportsJunkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 24th, 2008
    Posts
    140
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Obama

    Sir, please tell me you really don't expect a presidential candidate to walk down the streets of Appalachia? For either one of them to come to Bristol is pretty big in my opinion.

  7. #7
    HB Forum Owner R0cketer's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    7,632
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Obama

    I wouldn't expect too many to come into this area, and can't recall anybody coming into the area previously.

    Why would you? I mean yeah you want the vote, but if you come to Wise County, with the way old time politics still are around here, you aren't going to get more than a handful of votes. Why waste your time? You can make one appearance in a populated area and gain more in 20 minutes than you would make appearing here for 3 days.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Obama

    What was the closest Bush ever came around here?...Obama came about as close to us as anyone would..Rock hit it right on the head.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Obama

    Blountville.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  10. #10
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Obama

    Didn't know really, when was it?....Bristol was perfect for Obama and really any candidate that wants to appear "around here". When I am down in Memphis and Tenn. Carriers picks me up, they always ask "Where you from?" I'll say Coeburn, VA or start naming off Norton, St. Paul, Big Stone etc. They have no clue until I say about an hour from Bristol, then its "Ohhhhh I know where you're at now". Of course its because of the raceway, but Obama made a good move by going to Bristol.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •