What happened to the RNC thread ????????
What happened to the RNC thread ????????
Life is a grindstone . Whether it grinds us down or polishes us up , depends on what we are made of .
Political board
How do you get access? I tried to no avail.
GO VOLS
I requested access in another thread, someone hook us up.
Personally though, I do not think having these threads in the Non Sports Forum is a bad thing. Gives everyone a chance to chime in or at least read, and I don't think theres anything wrong with that. Maybe a few of the old timers will roll their eyes with what some have to say. Maybe vice versa, but seriously it doesn't clutter up the board IMO. It makes it at least more lively. If things get heated, fine. If someones crosses the line, then a mod can call them on it. Between the 7 of you I think it wouldn't be too hard.
I just don't see how we have to deny access to that sort of content. Other things, sure. Politics? Should be open for all.
Its just that a lot of people dont like seeing political threads everyday so another section was created for Political and Religious topics. Rock can plug you in there. You can ask to be able to view them, or remove yourself from viewing either forum to the best of my knowledge.
"Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08
I sent a PM asking to be added to the Political forum as well.
Well, I can see why the "Mens Forum" and "Old Timers Board" are specialized forums. Religion and politics though?
If people do not want to talk about a particular topic then don't read it, don't talk about it. I just think everyone should have access to these sorts of things. This is an internet forum for god sakes. How else is the uninformed going to get informed! [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img]
I can see why the mods would want to do this. It probably makes their job easier. Work smarter, not harder right? Though like I said, between the 7 of you it shouldn't be too hard to moderate. Don't deny people access to content though, give everyone access to those topics no one should even have to request it. It should have been there for all whenever it was created.
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Diets17</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I requested access in another thread, someone hook us up.
Personally though, I do not think having these threads in the Non Sports Forum is a bad thing. Gives everyone a chance to chime in or at least read, and I don't think theres anything wrong with that. Maybe a few of the old timers will roll their eyes with what some have to say. Maybe vice versa, but seriously it doesn't clutter up the board IMO. It makes it at least more lively. If things get heated, fine. If someones crosses the line, then a mod can call them on it. Between the 7 of you I think it wouldn't be too hard.
I just don't see how we have to deny access to that sort of content. Other things, sure. Politics? Should be open for all. </div></div>
I requested to get access to the Old Timers forum a week ago. I still have not been given access. It must be a place where people go to talk about people like us. lol
Will you ever rise up and fight for your God-given rights? History shows that evil triumphs when good men do nothing.
It could be a place for old timers???
GO VOLS
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gym Monster</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Diets17</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I requested access in another thread, someone hook us up.
Personally though, I do not think having these threads in the Non Sports Forum is a bad thing. Gives everyone a chance to chime in or at least read, and I don't think theres anything wrong with that. Maybe a few of the old timers will roll their eyes with what some have to say. Maybe vice versa, but seriously it doesn't clutter up the board IMO. It makes it at least more lively. If things get heated, fine. If someones crosses the line, then a mod can call them on it. Between the 7 of you I think it wouldn't be too hard.
I just don't see how we have to deny access to that sort of content. Other things, sure. Politics? Should be open for all. </div></div>
I requested to get access to the Old Timers forum a week ago. I still have not been given access. It must be a place where people go to talk about people like us. lol </div></div>
Could be you're a whipper snapper!
Bookmarks