Political board
What happened to the RNC thread ????????
Life is a grindstone . Whether it grinds us down or polishes us up , depends on what we are made of .
Political board
How do you get access? I tried to no avail.
GO VOLS
I requested access in another thread, someone hook us up.
Personally though, I do not think having these threads in the Non Sports Forum is a bad thing. Gives everyone a chance to chime in or at least read, and I don't think theres anything wrong with that. Maybe a few of the old timers will roll their eyes with what some have to say. Maybe vice versa, but seriously it doesn't clutter up the board IMO. It makes it at least more lively. If things get heated, fine. If someones crosses the line, then a mod can call them on it. Between the 7 of you I think it wouldn't be too hard.
I just don't see how we have to deny access to that sort of content. Other things, sure. Politics? Should be open for all.
Its just that a lot of people dont like seeing political threads everyday so another section was created for Political and Religious topics. Rock can plug you in there. You can ask to be able to view them, or remove yourself from viewing either forum to the best of my knowledge.
"Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08
I sent a PM asking to be added to the Political forum as well.
Well, I can see why the "Mens Forum" and "Old Timers Board" are specialized forums. Religion and politics though?
If people do not want to talk about a particular topic then don't read it, don't talk about it. I just think everyone should have access to these sorts of things. This is an internet forum for god sakes. How else is the uninformed going to get informed! [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img]
I can see why the mods would want to do this. It probably makes their job easier. Work smarter, not harder right? Though like I said, between the 7 of you it shouldn't be too hard to moderate. Don't deny people access to content though, give everyone access to those topics no one should even have to request it. It should have been there for all whenever it was created.
Those two boards have only been around for about 2 years and used to have a sticky on the sports board and non sports board. It isnt denying anyone anything, its just making it easier for others who don't want to look at it.
I have no dog in it. Im just a mod of the officials forums. Rock Cane or Counts should take care of it for you.
"Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08
I think your missing the point.
There's no problem with the sections being "specialized" and off limits to some such as the "Mens Forum" and "Old Timers Board".
Though if we are going to move political threads that were posted in the non sports forum to a "specialized" forum, then everyone should have access to that. Should have never had to request access to those, should be open for all to see and discuss just as the "sports forum" and the "non sports forum"....
Just an example of this....look how SLOOOW this board has been the past few hours or so. Some of posters are looking for a thread from last night that was moved, that none of us have access to. Instead of this board being slow, and us talking about this right now. We could all be discussing whatever it is that is so special that it needed to be moved in that section of the forum.
Bookmarks