Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: FAMILIES

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member centennialdawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2003
    Posts
    3,263
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    FAMILIES

    I know some of you have families who are serving in our military either at home or abroad. Last week, I watched as my daughter,her husband, and my two grandchildren boarded a plane bound for Germany for a 4 year tour. Also, one month ago, another of my sons in law boarded a plane headed for a 12-15 month combat tour in Iraq(his 3rd there, one other in Afghanistan). D.J. is also feeling the same void I am feeling, too. Regardless of whether you agree with the wars or not, please pray for our soldiers. You never know when something like this will impact you, so please hold them close in your hearts and minds. I have never been one to show much emotion, but this time, I cried openly when they all left. I now know and feel the emptiness that my family had when I boarded those planes headed for unknown consequences.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member buckeye_fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 18th, 2006
    Posts
    1,124
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: FAMILIES

    Just had my first cousin who I grew up with come back from his first tour. He's basically another brother to me. It's rough.
    [I]I've been very lonely in my isolated tower of indecipherable speech. [/I]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member MikeJones's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 8th, 2007
    Posts
    3,888
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: FAMILIES

    Good to see family still exists. Seems to be something we are losing more and more of every year.
    GO VOLS

  4. #4
    Inactive Member imported_trumpet1988's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12th, 2003
    Posts
    2,533
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: FAMILIES

    I was in one of the roughest moods when I got back to Berea from Big Stone a few weeks ago from seeing my sister who is now in Germany. Was that way for a couple of days. I let people know that I wasn't mad at them just as a warning in case I sounded ticked. It was hard especially for me as I shared a room with my sister for the first 10 or so years of my life and for awhile had a little sibling rivalry but we got real close as we matured. Especially after she had a child at that time. She needed our support.

    They who are overseas need our support.
    Deja Moo: The feeling that you've heard this bull before.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Unchained's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2005
    Location
    Norton, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    7,249
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: FAMILIES

    Continuing to keep all of our troops and their families in my heart. It's not just the soldiers who sacrifice. The families go through it too. As hard as it is,your head stays up because they are making you all proud.
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
    Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future

  6. #6
    Inactive Member PVVikeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 1st, 2004
    Posts
    2,188
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: FAMILIES

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: centennialdawg</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I now know and feel the emptiness that my family had when I boarded those planes headed for unknown consequences.

    </div></div>

    I didn't understand how hard that was on my family. Guess you have to live it from both sides.
    _________________________________________________________
    HOW'S THAT HOPE AND CHANGE WORKING OUT FOR YA ??????

  7. #7
    Inactive Member centennialdawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2003
    Posts
    3,263
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: FAMILIES

    I didn't really understand how hard it is on the families until now. It really sucks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •