Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Apocolyptica

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member OAR's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 27th, 2003
    Posts
    1,435
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Apocolyptica

    Anyone else ever heard the music. Bunch of guys from Finland that use cellos as rock music. They do a lot of cover songs on the cello by Metallica. There new song "I Don't Care" is pretty good. Has the guy from Three Days Grace featuring lead vocals.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member CoeburnCane's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,931
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Apocolyptica

    They're really good--I own the latest album and that song you're referring to isn't even the best song on the latest album. Their first album was all instrumental Metallica covers...great stuff.

    On this album, they did a version of "Helden" (otherwise known to us non-German speaking people as "Heroes"--David Bowie's hit) with Till Lindemann, lead singer of Rammstein...and it's very, very good--very inspired/haunting lean to it. The song "I'm Not Jesus" with Corey Taylor (Slipknot/Stone Sour lead man) got them a lot of noteriety this past Spring/Summer, got them more rock-cred. Another great singer they did a really great song with is Christina Scabbia, lead singer of Lacuna Coil--a track called "SOS (Anything But Love)".

    To each their own, but all 3 of those songs are better than that Adam Gontier track. 3DG is one of the hotter bands in mainstream rock right now though, so they're gonna get more radio airplay. Take my word on it--check out the whole album...there are better songs, and the sounds they create with the 3 cellos and a drum set are flat out amazing on the instrumental tracks.

    Great stuff. Look into them much further for sure--I think you'll like what you hear.
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Indian09's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 16th, 2005
    Posts
    1,111
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Apocolyptica

    Ive heard their track "Im Not Jesus", its really good
    Reeking of awesomeness!

  4. #4
    Inactive Member steer's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 3rd, 2002
    Location
    Bristol, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    3,872
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Apocolyptica

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CoeburnCane</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They're really good--I own the latest album and that song you're referring to isn't even the best song on the latest album. Their first album was all instrumental Metallica covers...great stuff.

    On this album, they did a version of "Helden" (otherwise known to us non-German speaking people as "Heroes"--David Bowie's hit) with Till Lindemann, lead singer of Rammstein...and it's very, very good--very inspired/haunting lean to it. The song "I'm Not Jesus" with Corey Taylor (Slipknot/Stone Sour lead man) got them a lot of noteriety this past Spring/Summer, got them more rock-cred. Another great singer they did a really great song with is Christina Scabbia, lead singer of Lacuna Coil--a track called "SOS (Anything But Love)".

    To each their own, but all 3 of those songs are better than that Adam Gontier track. 3DG is one of the hotter bands in mainstream rock right now though, so they're gonna get more radio airplay. Take my word on it--check out the whole album...there are better songs, and the sounds they create with the 3 cellos and a drum set are flat out amazing on the instrumental tracks.

    Great stuff. Look into them much further for sure--I think you'll like what you hear. </div></div>

    Man.. do you notice anything wrong with your post? you mispelled a lead lady of rocks name.. thinking that you are a man of rock, and you spell her name wrong.. haha.. as much as she says it over and over, you'd think you would spell it right!?!? what's wrong with you Cane??? it's Cristina (no damn H in it) as she says haha...
    I'm just busting ya chops man.. but seriously, no H in her name

  5. #5
    Inactive Member CoeburnCane's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,931
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Apocolyptica

    I know--I fugged up that one. It is Cristina...I posted that in a massive hurry, trying to think more about the album than spellings...though I did go and look up Till Lindemann's name to be sure of it...

    It's all good though.
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member steer's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 3rd, 2002
    Location
    Bristol, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    3,872
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Apocolyptica

    haha

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Ironlung's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2002
    Posts
    10,218
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Apocolyptica

    I've got the Metallica tribute. Really good stuff. I don't use the word much but it's really beautiful.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •