Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 17 of 17

Thread: AEP

  1. #11
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: AEP

    I've had both AEP and ODP. About 5 years ago AEP was a lot less expensive than ODP. My average electricity bill for a 2 story home was usually no more than $75/month.

    I have ODP now and am on the budget plan at $128 a month. I think the only reason my winter usage is so much higher (actual cost may be $50 in a summer month and $250 in a winter month) is just because of poor insulation - windows could be better too.
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

  2. #12
    Inactive Member LCAS_712's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2006
    Location
    Coeburn VA / Harrogate TN
    Posts
    977
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: AEP

    I would seriously check. I have seen many illegal hookups.
    [img]http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg277/cfd_1623/l_718884585b96167d3016bd636fbe24c0.gif[/img]

  3. #13
    Inactive Member 73fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 16th, 2002
    Posts
    822
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: AEP

    Are bill has went up as well,Just trying to keep the house warm.
    "When Giving Your Best Is Not Good Enough"

  4. #14
    The_Sage
    Guest The_Sage's Avatar

    Re: AEP

    Sorry, I can't help it....but "our' bill went up as well...forgive me everyone,,,but Mikmo has rubbed off on me........ha

  5. #15
    Inactive Member mm70's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 12th, 2007
    Posts
    257
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: AEP

    Don't know if you'd call it a leak...We just live in a very old, draft, poorly insulated house. We're doing everything we can to try and winterize it (I practically go around with a caulk gun and caulk anywhere I feel cold air, haha.

    -the heat wants to rise upstairs, so we keep a fan to blow some of it back down. We probably would be better off with a separate heat pump for the second level, needs new windows, too. So I expect a big bill in the winter. (It still hurts when you open the bill, though) On the other hand, it stays really cool in the summer...

    It's just hard to heat. We've only lived here for a year, so we are working on making it more cost efficient. You would be surprised how much cold air comes out around window sills, electric outlets, and the bottom of the doors on an old house, I guess where it has "settled".

  6. #16
    Inactive Member SunTzu's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    1,434
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: AEP

    I had new thermal replacement windows installed about 2 years ago for $200 apiece and my heating and cooling bills have decreased drastically . In a couple more years they will have paid for themselves .
    Life is a grindstone . Whether it grinds us down or polishes us up , depends on what we are made of .

  7. #17
    Inactive Member simple man's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 11th, 2008
    Posts
    1,001
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: AEP

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1YardShort!</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Are bill has went up as well,Just trying to keep the house warm. </div></div>
    50% of the power in this country comes from coal. In the last 8 years the price of a ton has gone up right at 8x. Rates have followed.
    We'll keep the lights on for you.
    Spuds

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •