Results 1 to 10 of 21

Thread: Why?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Why?

    Why do bad things happen to good people? Is someone could please just answer that. This evening my grandfather was attacked in his own house by some 20 something punk. Ended up knocking soome of his teeth loose and busting his nose. Just found out that he has to be flown to JCMC because he hit him in the chest, he's had 4 heart attacks, and some of the wires in his chest were busted. The Russell Co./St Paul "Police" Dept. has done nothing, probably too afraid they might run into him. The guy hasn't been caught, he's on probation and in the town of St. Paul. When we asked one of the "deputies" if anyone was looking, he said no...we asked why not? He replied "If you don't like it, you can take it up with the sheriff". After asking where the sheriff was the reply was "I don't know, its not my day to keep up with him". What useless waste of tax money.

    This is ridiculous. This man is a 62 year old veteran and this is what he gets. He bends over backwards to help people, including this very person who attacked him. I just don't understand why things like this happen or why they happen to who they do. Like I said, the guy who did it is on probation..what can he be charged with? I know assault, but this was worse and plus the fact that he has to have surgery. My grandfather is pressing charges of course, but just wondering what this guy could get? Hoping its him being put away for a lonnnnng time, I don't know though.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member steer's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 3rd, 2002
    Location
    Bristol, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    3,872
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Why?

    he can be charged with paying every single medical bill, if the guy broke in, thats breaking and entering with assault.

    or, take matters into your own hands, and show the 20 something what happens when you mess with your family.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member steer's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 3rd, 2002
    Location
    Bristol, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    3,872
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Why?

    and I'm not dissing you, but if that was my grandfather, I would not be asking on a forum... I would've already found the guy, no matter if the police were doing something or not

  4. #4
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Why?

    He didn't break in. His mother is my grandpa's neighbor and she was inside using his phone. The guy came over and started arguing with her and started to swing at her, his mother. That is when my grandfather said just leave and take it elsewhere, he just looked at him and lit into him for saying that. Before he left he said that if he called the law, he'd kill him. Well he couldn't anyway but the mother did and he left before they got there. I want to do something, I just don't know what or where to start...the local cops are being useless. They know his name, they just haven't done anything as far as we know. Right now, we are just worried about my gradfather...but I'm just unbelievably pissed and as much as I want to do something..I know I'll or someone else in my family will do something, we'll be the ones ending up in some kind of trouble. Would really like to get ahold of the state police and but I don't know who to contact. I know this ranting isn't getting anything done, I just feel like I need to vent it somewheres.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member steer's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 3rd, 2002
    Location
    Bristol, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    3,872
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Why?

    look in the phone book under VA State Police, call them.. or google the phone number and call them

  6. #6
    Inactive Member CoeburnCane's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,931
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Why?

    Quote Originally Posted by steer View Post
    look in the phone book under VA State Police, call them.. or google the phone number and call them
    What steer said. I would have bypassed Russell Co/Wise Co/Town of St Paul a long time ago and gotten a trooper out there. They live to chase guys like that down, and will push the local authorities to do something if they can't b/c of jurisdictional reasons pending from the probation or something. BUT--that being said, that shouldn't be an issue.

    I don't like troopers when they sit and radar people coming down Indian Creek or other hills where it's easy to bust speeders, but if you want someone taken down who does something like this--they're the guys to call.
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Unchained's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2005
    Location
    Norton, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    7,249
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Why?

    Quote Originally Posted by Burton13 View Post
    Why do bad things happen to good people? Is someone could please just answer that. This evening my grandfather was attacked in his own house by some 20 something punk. Ended up knocking soome of his teeth loose and busting his nose. Just found out that he has to be flown to JCMC because he hit him in the chest, he's had 4 heart attacks, and some of the wires in his chest were busted. The Russell Co./St Paul "Police" Dept. has done nothing, probably too afraid they might run into him. The guy hasn't been caught, he's on probation and in the town of St. Paul. When we asked one of the "deputies" if anyone was looking, he said no...we asked why not? He replied "If you don't like it, you can take it up with the sheriff". After asking where the sheriff was the reply was "I don't know, its not my day to keep up with him". What useless waste of tax money.

    This is ridiculous. This man is a 62 year old veteran and this is what he gets. He bends over backwards to help people, including this very person who attacked him. I just don't understand why things like this happen or why they happen to who they do. Like I said, the guy who did it is on probation..what can he be charged with? I know assault, but this was worse and plus the fact that he has to have surgery. My grandfather is pressing charges of course, but just wondering what this guy could get? Hoping its him being put away for a lonnnnng time, I don't know though.


    First off,I am very sorry that this happened to your grandfather and the family. This guy who did this is a punk no doubt,and it sucks when you become a victim and crime hits home. Sometimes folks give me a rough go about my hard ass approach to crime/convicts,but this thug is another example as to why I'll continue to have job security,and what prisons are for (guy already on probation=hammers point home about where they start , how they escalate,and where they end). Please pass my well wishes on to your grandfather. I pray that he will have a speedy recovery (and that they'll throw the book at the biotch who assaulted him).
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
    Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •