Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Familiar?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Familiar?

    Possums sleep in the middle of the road with their feet in the air.












    There are 10,000 types of spiders. All 10,000 live here, plus a couple no one's seen before.











    If it grows, it sticks; if it crawls, it bites.











    Onced and Twiced are words.











    It is not a shopping cart; it is a buggy.











    Houses have 'Winders' and 'Windas', never has a window been seen East of I-75











    People actually grow and eat Turnips.











    No one has an Idea... They have an idear.















    'Fixinto' is one word.











    There is no such thing as 'lunch.' There is only dinner and then there is supper.











    'Pop' is appropriate for all meals and you start drinking it when you're two.











    Backards and forwards means "I know everything about you.



    "







    'DJeet?' is actually a phrase meaning 'Did you eat?'







    You don't have to wear a watch because it doesn't matter what time it is.You work until you're done or it's too dark to see.











    You don't PUSH buttons, you MASH them.











    You know the distance between Harlen and Kingsport'.











    You measure distance in minutes.











    You know who/which store has the best deal on cases of Miller Lite beer.











    'Fix' is a verb. Example: 'I'm fixing to (or 'fixinto') go to the store.











    All the festivals across the state are named after a fruit, vegetable, grain, insect or animal.











    You install security lights on your house and garage and leave both unlocked.











    You know what a 'WILDCAT' is.















    There are only four spices: salt, pepper, Tabasco and ketchup.











    The local papers cover national and international news on one page, but require 6 pages for local gossip and sports.











    The first day of deer season is a national holiday and kids receive an excused absence from school.











    100 degrees Fahrenheit 'a little warm.



    '







    We have four seasons: Almost Summer, Summer, still Summer and Christmas.











    A cool snap (below 70 degrees) is good pinto-bean weather.















    Fried catfish is the other white meat.















    We don't need no stinking driver's ed . . .. if our mama says we can drive, we can drive.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member SkoalSpitter's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 20th, 2009
    Posts
    242
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Familiar?

    ??????????????

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Shooter's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 13th, 2005
    Posts
    1,087
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Familiar?

    Let me guess r13, you are ashamed of the way we talk around here?
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." -Thomas Jefferson

  4. #4
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Familiar?

    It was in a chain email and figured most would think it is funny, not meant to be taken literal.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member LPDfanincarolina's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 6th, 2002
    Posts
    250
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Familiar?

    I know exactly what was meant by this post. When I first moved to Big Stone Gap from Cleveland Ohio I was just entering the sixth grade. A new classmate of mine had just moved to The Gap from Indiana. Our first week in school we asked the other kids if we could play ball with them during recess. They all said "yeah, we're going to play OVER YONDER". Donald and I watched them for a few minutes and I said to him " sure looks like BASEBALL to me". We had no idea what OVER YONDER meant. I won't go into the number of year since that day but I can honestly say that I have not used words like over yonder, recken, supper or pert-near. I am no better then anyone else but for me when I hear words like these I smile alittle bit because it takes me back to my childhood when life was so much simpler.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member steer's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 3rd, 2002
    Location
    Bristol, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    3,872
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Familiar?

    it's the lpd forum...everything is taken literally on here.

    I love making fun of the way I talk. It brings up some great laughs, and conversations with people.
    I'm the biggest hick I know, and love joking about my accent and words.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •