Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314 LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 131

Thread: Evolution...

  1. #121
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Evolution...

    "For instance the whole stupid flying spaghetti monster thing is meant to ridicule and insult the intelligence of Christians and others as well."



    It's really not, it was made to challenge the whole idea of ID being taught in schools and it was a pretty good argument.

    "I don't have a problem with religion. What I have a problem with is religion posing as science. If there is a god and he's intelligent, then I would guess he has a sense of humor." - Henderson


    Christianity offends a lot more and effects a lot more than The Flying Spaghetti Monster, it makes as much sense to you as Christianity does to others. Preaches a good message, esp the "Eight Rather You Didn'ts" for the commandments. I actually prefer it over any other religion.


    It's been used successfully against the teaching of ID in schools, so why wouldn't I use it here?

  2. #122
    Inactive Member Gotch's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 27th, 2003
    Posts
    2,592
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Evolution...

    Because it's intent is clearly to ridicule and offend.
    [img]http://www.lutte-wrestling.com/old-train2.jpg[/img]

  3. #123
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Evolution...

    Or "give an alternative view" to our creation.

  4. #124
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Evolution...

    I'll be honest, I used to/still do sometimes want to accept ID. But I can't, my view on it anyway.


    1)I don't believe in Christianity or the Bible, it all came from man.
    2) I have to accept Christianity or sometype of God, but I don't...just a lie. So ID cannot be true and they don't help with lack of explanations of it.

    Too far-fetched, especially when it's compared to science.

  5. #125
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Evolution...

    The basic explanation of ID is that there is incomplete scientific evidence that gives a conclusive fact as to the beginning of the world and life, and therefore took an intelligent being to help form everything.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  6. #126
    Inactive Member Jason's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 12th, 2002
    Posts
    3,146
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Evolution...

    Quote Originally Posted by imported_elp6n View Post
    This is a point I like to make to a lot of people arguing science vs religion subjects. So many say the Big Bang Theory is crap because it didn't happen - God created the earth and the heavens. I see the Big Bang as a physicial description of the creation.

    I have often thought that too.

  7. #127
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Evolution...

    Quote Originally Posted by 1inStripes View Post
    The basic explanation of ID is that there is incomplete scientific evidence that gives a conclusive fact as to the beginning of the world and life, and therefore took an intelligent being to help form everything.

    And that is basically falls under the God of the Gaps argument.

  8. #128
    Inactive Member Gotch's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 27th, 2003
    Posts
    2,592
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Evolution...

    Quote Originally Posted by Burton13 View Post
    And that is basically falls under the God of the Gaps argument.
    And evolution falls under chance of the gaps.
    [img]http://www.lutte-wrestling.com/old-train2.jpg[/img]

  9. #129
    Inactive Member Gotch's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 27th, 2003
    Posts
    2,592
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Evolution...

    There are actually many other aspects to ID than that anyway.
    [img]http://www.lutte-wrestling.com/old-train2.jpg[/img]

  10. #130
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Evolution...

    Quote Originally Posted by Gotch View Post
    There are actually many other aspects to ID than that anyway.
    Was is there? Still haven't seen the evidence that outweighs evolution. ID is faith and belief, not facts.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •