Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21

Thread: Bbq...

  1. #11
    Inactive Member UTVols2's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 17th, 2006
    Posts
    5,601
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Bbq...

    Quote Originally Posted by 1inStripes View Post
    His is very good. I have a butt to smoke ASAP as well so I can get it out of the icebox.
    I do as well Stripes, been sitting there a couple of months but the smoker I bought just isn't big enough to handle exactly the way I like it, too small. I will be getting a new one for Christmas, any suggestions. I really want a grill/smoker combo
    [IMG]http://www.gifsoup.com/view/926256/tennessee-vols-al-wilson-o.gif[/IMG]

  2. #12
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Bbq...

    Sams had a pretty nice option back in the summer. I would have rather had it than the one I do, and it was half the price. I am think it was $235, and it had a side chamber box, as well as adjustable trays for your charcoal to raise and lower it depending upon how you are wanting to grill. It had a nice size to it where you could lay quite a few butts, and/or ribs.

    I really hope to build my own smoker sometime in the next 5 years, or if I had my pick, get one of these:

    http://www.barbecue-party.com/bbq/wp...jambo-pit5.jpg
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  3. #13
    Inactive Member UTVols2's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 17th, 2006
    Posts
    5,601
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Bbq...

    That would be awesome to have but I don't have the $$$$$$$. I just looked at Sam's and didn't see the one we talked about earlier this year. I will keep looking and if you run across one that looks nice send me a msg.
    [IMG]http://www.gifsoup.com/view/926256/tennessee-vols-al-wilson-o.gif[/IMG]

  4. #14
    Inactive Member imported_blue52's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 14th, 2002
    Posts
    893
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Bbq...

    Ridgewood is the best around here, its off 394 in Bluff City. If you go there go in and get your name put on the list or youll end up standing in line for nothing because if youre on that list theyll serve you no matter what time it ends up being, if not if youre not in by closing time youre not getting in.

  5. #15
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Bbq...

    Ridgewood is crazy because of the line. Its about a must to get there 45 minutes before it opens to get in line.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  6. #16
    Inactive Member imported_blue52's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 14th, 2002
    Posts
    893
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Bbq...

    Yeah we have had to stand over there an hr and 20 mins once, but that was the first time one of my buddies and me saw it on TV and just drove over there at 5 on a Saturday

  7. #17
    Inactive Member imported_blue52's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 14th, 2002
    Posts
    893
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Bbq...

    Other than Ridgewood the other two best bbq places Ive eaten were a pretty good drive, we ate at a place in Chatanooga that was great and there was a stand at Bonaroo this year from NC that was awesome too.

  8. #18
    Inactive Member TheBeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,351
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Bbq...

    Quote Originally Posted by 1inStripes View Post
    Lung, Beast and NSSB, we will all have to go sometime. It is good stuff. Their beans are really good.

    Just tell me when, I am always up for some good que, besides that we just need to get together. Other than independent single location places the best I have ever had is Famous Dave's. The closest one to here is in Knoxvegas but anytime I am anywhere near there I stop. Sounds like we need to have a roadtrip to a UT basketball game sometime this season.
    [COLOR="Lime"][SIZE="6"][FONT="Century Gothic"]CREAG AN TUIRC[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
    [img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a183/mm38nut/thkfc.gif[/img]

  9. #19
    Inactive Member Rocky's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 21st, 2003
    Posts
    1,914
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Bbq...

    red pig in johnson city is pretty good as well. cheap too.
    Cant we all just get along?

  10. #20
    Inactive Member steer's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 3rd, 2002
    Location
    Bristol, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    3,872
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Bbq...

    Dixie Outpost in Blountville is amazing.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •