Which one would you buy? A nook from Barnes & Noble or Kindle from Amazon?
Which one would you buy? A nook from Barnes & Noble or Kindle from Amazon?
There's not much difference between the two (both have matching versions with matching prices), but I have the Nook and would buy it again if I was shopping all over again. I'm a Barnes & Noble fan, and I like the Nook's touchscreen. Nook also has the color Nook now, Kindle doesn't have a matching version yet.
You'll shoot your eye out.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]
Not to mention the Nook is available at Wal-Mart.
[LEFT][IMG]http://www.dsslexius.net/forums/images/smilies/goneinsanegif.gif[/IMG][/LEFT]
I was thinking of buying my wife one of these for Christmas this year. I was told, although I don't know if it was from a reliable source, that Barnes and Noble was in danger of going out of business. If this happens would you still be able to buy the Nook books? Like I said though, I don't know if this person knew what they were talking about when they said that.
Why buy books? You can almost find a torrent of ANY book online![]()
If you have a blackberry, you can download a Kindle for free from Amazon and read books that way.... it's small, but saves money and is convenient.
I have a kindle and I love it.
I have a Sony Pocket reader and love it, the thing is look for the formats you can use on them, a Kindle your pretty much tied to Amazon an pdf. The Lonsome Pine Library system is going to be offering e-books by Christmas they still have to get the system setup, you use your library card to download the book off their website for 2 weeks and then it's gone. I think they will be using epub as one format not sure of what others they will be using havent talked to them about it in a few weeks.
here is a link to wiki that has formats per reader
Comparison of e-book formats - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Bookmarks