I can relate.
I just put my account up to be deleted. I know I said I would not be run off from here but I am leaving. The LPD board today is not the same board it was a couple years ago. Like most things in life too much has changed on this board. At first I was only taking a small vacation from here but the more I thought about some things the more I pushed my self to just making it a permanent vacation. To the few I made friends with here you can get in touch with me by cell phone when I am in service (which is not much) or find me on the CMD board. I wont be posting much for awhile on the CMD board either but will be checking in on it to see the Basketball scores. So goodbye LPD board. It has been nice over the years. Have been a member of the LPD board longer than any other board of any type out there. Over 8 years on the last two and dont remember how long on the first one.![]()
I can relate.
it sucks that yall feel that way, but im not sure what you expect from this board.
scores are posted on here almost instantly after the games are over, during football season the site gets a lot of traffic and good insight into matchups and previews with several members being closely linked to certain teams and being able to give perspective on their chances, etc...
yeah it gets slow this time of the year and even slower during baseball season, but its been like that since the old black and green boards.
[IMG]http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh111/Vic_Fontaine/sig.jpg[/IMG]
It really, really sucks to see you go, Jason. Another long-time member fades away.![]()
I've suggessted for years that we use the OTC for more "honest and real" discussion. Soon after that board was used more, it was compromised by members of the OTC and hostboard collapsed. This allowed every Tom, ****, and Harry to read it and the forum became basically worthless. Thus, we have what we have today, people posting pornographic pictures on public boards, people calling out other posters, and hostboard leaving the mods with little to no power to do anything about it. I'm not sure why anybody with any "real" information would ever post it on here, I know I wont.
[img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]
Can't really say that I blame you.
Over time, things change and the forums are no exception.
[URL="http://cvcgrad.spaces.live.com/blog/"][/URL]
Come back by to see if my account had been deleted but for some reason it has not. The first 3 or 4 years I was a member of these new boards this place was rocking all year round. Not just football season. I really miss some of the older guys that dont post here anymore. I also have way too much going on in my personal life that just makes me a short fuse with very thin skin. I hate feeling this way. My nerves are shot all to hell. I had been debating deleting my account here for the past three years. I am going to just keep the biggest reasons to myself.
I understand, life is way more important than this forum, and if its too much to deal with I dont blame ya. My nerves arent much better, its been an issue for me for years, but a place like this can actually help with that more than it hurts.Originally Posted by Jason
Sometimes you just have to take a deep breath and realize this place is nowhere near as serious as it once was.
No doubt theres a ton of quality posters that are no longer active, and yes its def. suffered here. Mega hardly ever posts, GC1 is the same. yankeebaseball is a ghost anymore, even Lung is not as active as he was. But guys like myself, burton, Stripes, Chubz, pvfan, CC, etc.. have tried to pick up the slack. I make it a point to make threads on big sports announcements and accomplishments, and try to make at least one thread a week of information people didn't know before (like the NFL and the South thread).
I would love for this forum to bounce back and get another 100 members that post regularly, but that's just not gonna happen im afraid.
And we are all friends here, some only forum friends but Ive met a couple people on here that became friends of mine. A lotta the time there is a lot of drama on here, and Im man enough to admit im a cause of a good portion of it, but that also counts for good entertainment at times.
I dont expect you to share secrets or personal info, I have before and REALLY regret it, but its not as if we are cutthroat posters out to embarass people.
Im not trying to convince you to stay, thats your personal decision and I trust you will make the best choice for you. But no other forum on the internet is like this place. Trust me, I post on a few bigger forums, and none are the LPD Forum.
Sucks to see ya go, but oh well I guess. Good luck and be safe!
[IMG]http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh111/Vic_Fontaine/sig.jpg[/IMG]
Bookmarks