Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Sup. Rivers... a "tool"

Oh and just to further clarify, so as to not be only showing up to be 'bad'

The one who said committee of me, if I recall the paper was, 'Shug' Hall, if thats Bama Man, then that's cool and if he was the one sitting up there mocking the kid, I stand corrected. I thought Halls comments were good hearted and he meant them, while the one who was basically mocking the little girl, I didn't. If that was the same person, I stand corrected and then view the comments a little less 'pure'

I never had a problem with the 'committee of me' comments because it was kind of funny after the committe of 100 and CEASE and all that. Again, I felt his comments were from an emotional, heartfelt place. I did and will continue to throw someone under a bus who stands there and mocks a little girl. You can like what the person is saying or not but when you start mocking children, no matter what they say, you lose credit. It is a point that I have been vocal of for years. If people want to sit and down, speak bad or curse adults, that's one thing. If you start mocking or cursing children, you deserve to lose respect. If you disagree with that one, we might as well never try to discuss anything. Now if those two different topics was the same person, so be, I just didn't think so, if I'm wrong, it wouldn't be the first time.

And for the record, if committee of me and Bama Man are the same person, I have no idea and honestly don't care if it is or isn't. I don't try to find out who each person is on here, I don't PM each person and try to make nice or figure out who they are so I can pat them on the back or kick them in the butt. Bama Man, whomever they are, can post as much as they want. I actually was trying to give Bama Man a bit of credit, hopeful that they were at least trying to be the 'committe of me' person and to hopefully find out that they was not the same person. I don't base my comments on knowing if a person is a 'good old boy' or not. Counts is a friend and I've argued with him plenty of times on here, made fun of his posts, his spelling, etc. Just because I like someone doesn't mean that they are right or that I judge their posts by how much I like them. Lord knows I've criticized R13s posts 100 times and agreed with them 100 times, wouldn't know him if he walked in front of me and danced *lol*

Simply put, whomever did the committee of me, I felt that their comments were tinged with just a bit of 'smartbutery' but didn't think that was a bad thing and I thought they had a lot of truthfully emotion. Nothing at all wrong with that. Only time I down anybody is when they get hateful, spitful or just plain mean.

Think of it this way, in sports, we may not support the same team. We've got our favorites, and we want our team to win. If the opponent acts classy, you don't go against them so much. You may be upset your team didn't win but you can at least respect the other team for what they do. Same idea.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well i looked up Mr. Halls on FB, his pic is of an Alabama banner, so I'm assuming it's the same guy. I remember them using that same name at the BOS meeting the other night, referring to Hall using "got to have the 'want to' and 'can do' and I think Robbins used that. So I'm pretty sure this is the same guy we're talking about, I mean it still could be wrong, but that's a pretty big coincidence. I disagree with really anyone who says to keep these schools open, it's not feasible AT ALL, but I'll say again that bama man doesn't yell out and act like a lot of these people at these meetings - of course the incident with the girl and him looking like he was about to blow up didn't help his cause, but still, I don't know how many of you all have been to these meetings and I know I recently threw myself into this...but it's embarrassing, these people are nothing but immature, childish and most exactly what Cane used - simpletons. When you look at their leaders like Betty, you see why they act like that, shameful. Is she up for election in Nov.? I'm going to take vid of her antics at these meetings and show what an elected official acts like(which is a moron) when she's not sitting up there, she's even worse in the audience.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

First off I've never posted anything on here, I've only read the different topics on here which some are interesting because they offer different opinions of members or moderators. I seen bits and pieces of the supervisors meeting that is being discussed here on this thread. I didn't see anything that would cause such a big fuss, this immature harassment against bama man is ridiculous. He had a difference of opinion with several members (and moderators) and just because his ideas are different from theirs (you all know who you are, I don't have to give names in order to make myself feel important) he is continually harassed over and over again. Why can't some of you just express your opinion instead of calling out a person like a internet bully would do. I would have thought a moderator would be helpful in keeping peace between posters instead of provoking them into an arguement. I've noticed while looking through some of the threads that there are not as many members as there used to be on here posting comments, could that be because of they were treated the same as bama man has been treated for having a different opinion than several others on here. I miss some of the older threads that used to be on here but I guess they were run off for the same reasons. If anyone can tell me where I can watch this supervisors meeting (the one that is being blown out of proportion) that has been discussed here I would like to review it to see what is the big deal, like I said before, what I seen of it there is no big deal. I guess because of my opinion I will probably be picked apart and banned from posting again, so this may be a first and last post. We all can give our opinions on discussions without calling out members names in order to try to embarrass that person by giving their name to everyone and we can act a fool on here without getting personal. We are supposed to be more mature than this, lets try to act more adult than this and get back to having some difference of opinion discussions.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

No one called for a ban for him or anyone with a dissenting opinion, when someone gets on here and post ridiculous things, it will be called out - no one is bullying him or you or whoever. Cdawg blew this up into some that it shouldn't have been, plain and simple.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Success Kid INTERNET SERIOUS BUSINESS 300x300
    [IMG]http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh111/Vic_Fontaine/sig.jpg[/IMG]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Caner13 View Post
    First off I've never posted anything on here, I've only read the different topics on here which some are interesting because they offer different opinions of members or moderators. I seen bits and pieces of the supervisors meeting that is being discussed here on this thread. I didn't see anything that would cause such a big fuss, this immature harassment against bama man is ridiculous. He had a difference of opinion with several members (and moderators) and just because his ideas are different from theirs (you all know who you are, I don't have to give names in order to make myself feel important) he is continually harassed over and over again. Why can't some of you just express your opinion instead of calling out a person like a internet bully would do. I would have thought a moderator would be helpful in keeping peace between posters instead of provoking them into an arguement. I've noticed while looking through some of the threads that there are not as many members as there used to be on here posting comments, could that be because of they were treated the same as bama man has been treated for having a different opinion than several others on here. I miss some of the older threads that used to be on here but I guess they were run off for the same reasons. If anyone can tell me where I can watch this supervisors meeting (the one that is being blown out of proportion) that has been discussed here I would like to review it to see what is the big deal, like I said before, what I seen of it there is no big deal. I guess because of my opinion I will probably be picked apart and banned from posting again, so this may be a first and last post. We all can give our opinions on discussions without calling out members names in order to try to embarrass that person by giving their name to everyone and we can act a fool on here without getting personal. We are supposed to be more mature than this, lets try to act more adult than this and get back to having some difference of opinion discussions.
    Interesting....I am guessing that you eaither have not been on this form long or have selective memory

If you care to read the following threat you will see the Genisus of the Bama Man R13 feud http://www.hostboard.com/forums/non-...-ok-who-s.html

I will sum it up as R13 goes to a meeting makes his views known in a thoughtful manner (whether you agree with it or not) Bama Man did not question his statements but insted pointed out that he was a coward because he did not sit on the side of the room with that Appy folks and that his boyish comments would be good for a laugh so to come back.......After Bama man saw that unlike the SB meetings where the Anti-Consolidation crowd can intimidate and shout down anyone who disagrees with them that a majority of our online community is pro consolidation (not necessarily the 2-1 or the 3 old schools plans) he back peddles faster that NFL DB and starts the "Me Just Me " comments which I find funny considering he had called R13's SB comments childish and about stroked out during the young girls speech (Heck I do not remember the date but it was replayed on TV SEVERAL times so if anyone has that info please share)

All in all if the Mods were interested in limiting his speech don't you think they would just delete any anti-consolidation posts?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by R13 View Post
    No one called for a ban for him or anyone with a dissenting opinion, when someone gets on here and post ridiculous things, it will be called out - no one is bullying him or you or whoever. Cdawg blew this up into some that it shouldn't have been, plain and simple.
    Never blew this up at all, I just wanted to let people know that this dude was a pretty good dude and had some good ideas.

I think I have made 5 posts on this thread, all but two are talking about the topic that was started, the others were simple stating my observations of him. I know he is getting a big laugh at you guys on this. As a matter of fact, I think it is kinda petty too.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by centennialdawg View Post
    Never blew this up at all, I just wanted to let people know that this dude was a pretty good dude and had some good ideas.

I think I have made 5 posts on this thread, all but two are talking about the topic that was started, the others were simple stating my observations of him. I know he is getting a big laugh at you guys on this. As a matter of fact, I think it is kinda petty too.
    IDK could be his good Ideas have been buried in the "Me just Me" posts

the Ideas i seem to remember from him are

1) Don?t Drink the KoolAid just because Perry says the Sky is falling does not mean we have to belive him because he is a fountain of misinformation
    This Idea is that Perry a lier that can and should not be trusted

2) Renovate all 6 schools without the bell and whisoles called for in all studys done up into this point
    This is pretty vague in that it does not say "WHAT" is not really needed and does not seem to cut to the issue of the cost of running all 6 schools

Help me out because these are the ONLY 2 ideas I have seen from him and frankly neither really seem like a "Good Idea" as much as it seems to be "Keep everything as is and the Pro-Consolidation Crowd are a bunch of liars and/or stupid jerks"

I may come off as a jerk at times but i would REALLY like to hear some REAL ideas from both sides that are realistic

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Never said they were good ideas, as a matter of fact I favor consolidation. I have stated that fact numerous times. Just saying that he is just as passionate about his beliefs as others are about theirs.

Case in point: The little girls' father. During the meeting in question, we heard a "sermon" of sorts from him about how the world would end if the county didn't consolidate. The argument could be said that he was about to stroke out because of his "red face" and the jugular vein popping out of his neck. Did anyone get on here and berated him for acting in that matter? Nope.

I really don't feel the Bamaman was making fun of the little girl, it is not in his nature. I do; however, feel that he was probably shaking his head in response to someone talking in his ear. If you would notice, there was someone who was whispering something to him at the time. As far as him being red face and about to stroke out, maybe it is a physical conditon he has, just as some people are really pale looking.

Again, r13, not blowing this up, I think you all did that by getting off the main topic of the thread.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The consolidation debate usually brings out the worst in folks..but, politics in general does that. In the beginning, I thought consolidation was the way to go..then later I wasn't so sure. After the way it has been politicized by both sides, I, now, don't believe consolidation is the way to go. My reasoning is that, at this point, both sides see it as a means to an end and only stand pro or anti if they feel it will put a feather in their cap. Buildings don't dictate success..individuals dictate that. In today's culture, folks never want to shoulder responsibility for their own failures..instead, they want to list every reason or excuse they can to make themselves feel better because they failed in the first place.. Once someone comes up with a plan that keeps the children, community, and school employees in mind as priority #1..and is fair to all of them, I'll support it. Until then I won't. IMO, the committee of 100 just looks out for a group of businessmen, and CEASE just aims to keep the status quo at all costs. Neither of these groups have my support, but I think CEASE's aim is purer than the committee of 100. I don't think anyone who is not a citizen of Wise county should have any sway whatsoever in this because they aren't the ones that will have to live with it..and the City of Norton isn't part of the county. With that logic, I don't think many of the committee of 100 have a horse in this race. They just push in order to try to improve their businessess or earnings in the future..and I can't abide that. So, really I come down in the middle somewhere I guess. But, I do think that if Perry is gonna push this consolidation that he sould be REQUIRED to remain as super for the 1st 5 years of it..and not cut and run before then. That's what breeds the mistrust of Perry to a large extent IMO. Scott county's schools are as old as Wise County's..and including elementary and middle schools they have as many schools or near it as well. And, Scott county is amongst Virginia's elite in test scores.. All of the Scott schools have been retrofitted with a/c and fiber optics..something Wise Co .could do as well. Furthermore, Scott county pays a higher percentage per student than Wise county does..and given the recent funding increase from the state, Wise county has no excuse to force consolidation this year..there's just too many tight wads in Wise county that don't want their taxes raused a cent in order to fund the system. Too many folks can't see the forest for the trees on this issue IMO. I don't care who agrees or disagrees with me either, but that's just how it is..
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....