Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Japan

Mods, if this need to be moved to the political forum please do so.

What is our responsibility? Or better yet, what should we as a nation do to help them, if anything? Yet another earthquake hit the island nation today and we all know the problems that are already ongoing from the nuclear reactors and tsunamis. So, LPD Forum what is the right thing to do?
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Japan

Help as we can. We have rebuilt that country once, I hope we don't have to do it again though. I do believe they can overcome it but will need a little help. One of the biggest problems I see is with a country of that size, and the amount of destruction that took place, they do/will need serious help in the disposal of material though.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

They have thousands of bodies that are contaminated from the Nuke plant they aren't even sure what to do with. It's a mess I say we help however we can.
    GO VOLS

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

We send tons of money and aid to countries that hate us, would never left a hand to help us, and constantly vote against us at the UN. Japan on the other hand has been a steady and true ally for several decades now and in fact committed a sizable amount to aid after such events as Katrina. By foolishly passing out money to our enemies we have put ourselves in a position of not being able to aid a friend nearly as much as we should.
    [img]http://www.lutte-wrestling.com/old-train2.jpg[/img]

Inactive Member DieHardSportsGal's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Based on the CNN breaking news email I got this morning, looks like they got hit again with a 7.1 magnitude earthquake.
    Progress always involves risk. You can't steal second base with your foot on first.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It was a 6.6 aftershock.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

They must feel like they are sitting on top of a jello mold right now. Dang, glad to not be there myself.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08