Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Death Sentence

Re: Death Sentence

there is the problem, if convicted. carry out the sentence, no longer then 1 year to be overturned, I see what you are saying now, I just was thinking along the lines of cost of death verses cost of incarceration, not the judicial part. Point taken.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

That is why I said that court costs shouldn't be figured in quite that much considering most of these convicts fight to be paroled just like they fight death row. The costs end up almost evening out, so encarceration would be overall more costly.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

Inactive Member imported_OleTob's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I think if someone sees you commit the crime or you have DNA evidence against the person or persons whom commited the crime...2 years max on death row...Would save lots of money in the long run...Especially if they are left on death row like for I think the average is like 20 years before being put to death.
    Take em one at a time and everything else will take care of itself.

I belong to God Now.

I think inmates should have to work to get what they need(yep, forced labor). Family saying from old country, "You no worky, you no eaty" [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] soon they work or you have no need for death penalty.

I guess we will find out before long. I read an article where a group, associated with the ACLU, is to try to push to find the death penalty unconstitutional.
    The article stated the group is already gaining susport and financial aid from those affiliated with the ACLU.
    You know i believe in the rights we have. What i find shocking is we have certain groups, who rule this land, and take away our rights.
    Im not just talking about the death penalty here, but a lot of things some of these groups have done, to actually hurt this country.
    If a person commits a crime horrible enough to deserve the death penalty, and is found guilty beyond any doubt, and with all the evidence and facts clear.
    What do you tell the family of those who are seeking justice. Esp. in cases of violent murderers etc. and those who are criminally insane, who it is well documented if they ever were to be released back into society, they would do the same thing again.
    Some of these groups. They may have good intentions. But what about the person who does the horrible crimes, and yet the group will say, oh well. Life is life. Whether you take it or they spend it in prison till they die.
    Is it really? Is that life for life?
    Well not for the person who lost their life for no reason, at the hands of some one who could of cared less.
    Yes people change as they grow. But i thought that meant taking responsiblity for your actions also.
    I just killed your child, your brother, sister, or your parents, because i have a problem with authortiy and anger. They shouldn't of pissed me off.
    Look at your child and the rest of your family, wonder if it was one of them. Would that be justice?
    They were taken from you for no reason. Other than one person's attitude. So that person should live, but at the care of the state the crime is in till they are old and die of sickness or natural causes.
    Is that justice?

Inactive Member imported_MoonlightGraham's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I agree...Did anyone see that peice on 60 minutes a few years back. This guy had to go to prison for an extended amount of time and he GOT A COLLEGE DEGREE while in prison? So in other words if you don't get a full ride go rape someone and honest taxpaying citizens will pay for your education for free.
    [img]http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i42/stinmeister/untitled-2.jpg[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm a firm believer in swift and just punishment, including the death penalty. With all the tools they have now through DNA testing, etc., it should be hard to find a guilty verdict for a person who is really innocent. I think the penalty should be carried out sooner rather than later.
    I believe in forgiveness, but I also believe in the mandates of the Bible, and one of those is death for particular crimes.
    "Yes, there are two paths you can go by
    But in the long run
    There's still time to change the road you're on."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12