Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Liking Players from other teams

He may be..but it's still fun to watch.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sportsman</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 722</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Coach Wyrick is even better to play for when it comes to summer ball at least. I had a blast playing for him at SP in the summer. </div></div>

lol...it's been a while since Dave coached summer ball. </div></div>

Speaking of summer ball, I remember we started a team for like 1 or 2 years when I was in school. It was Dale Allison and he started it in 97 if I am not mistaken. He let us name the team too (So we called ourselves the Shockers) Talk about a fun team, I remember we had from PV (Wes Hall, Matt Hall, Wes Dickenson, Travis Kern), Appy we had (Chris Lane and a couple others I can't remember), then a few from Burton and maybe a couple from other schools.

We had an absolute blast, Coach Allison would let a player come up with the lineup before each game and we treated it like it should have been, FUN. We eventually lost to the Coeburn Team coached by Danny Jordan who was stacked. We didn't go out without a "fight", literally. Benches cleared during the final game because of some redneck pitcher we had.
    [IMG]http://www.gifsoup.com/view/926256/tennessee-vols-al-wilson-o.gif[/IMG]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I hated playing baseball at Burton. I hit one of my cheapest HRs ever there in a summer league game right down the leftfield line and got robbed on one of the hardest balls I ever hit back in left/left center where the light pole is. That ball was crushed, and a guy from Appy reached over the fence and caught it.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yeah the dimensions at Burton are crazy. Left field line is like 250, left center is 460, center is 380, right center is god knows how long, and right field is also a shot over the concession stand.

I personally never hit one out of our stadium but had plenty hit off me [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

My uncle back in the 70's put one on top of the school in right field, or so the story was told, who knows the real truth.

The_Sage

What year did you graduate,, I might have hit 1 against you !! ha

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

98 and probably did

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I always wondered how deep that used to be in left center at JIB. I killed that ball and started trotting from the get go. Talk about ticked when the ball was caught.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Iron lung</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jason</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: greencrest1272</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't know about players but I really enjoy watching Dave Wyrick coach baseball and Zach Moore coach basketball.

Those 2 guys really know what they are doing and have an obvious passion for the game and the kids. </div></div>

I enjoy watching Phil Robbins Coach. (No Joke) </div></div>

Are you wearing your PV shirt at the time? [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img] </div></div>

Sometimes. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img] Just wear it here at home now though. It is too stained to wear in public.

Inactive Member imported_trumpet1988's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sup-rbeast</div><div class="ubbcode-body">He may be..but it's still fun to watch. </div></div>When I marched band at PV we would be at practice and we practiced near the football team. It was hilarious listening to him rag on the teams sometimes. Even more hilarious was the 2002 jamboree at PV listening to him yell at the refs.
    Deja Moo: The feeling that you've heard this bull before.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12