Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Bob, PVFAN, Beast, UTVOLS, Stripes...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Bob, PVFAN, Beast, UTVOLS, Stripes...

My excitement for "the real" Richardson is more to do with all the things he's going to be able to do and just because of his speed. That's something (speed) that UT needed a huge upgrade in on the offensive side of the ball.

I'm not making any statements on Richardson as far as stats this year either, 1 because of the qb. You still don't know what you've got there. Crompton didn't have to do much Saturday, just dump it in the flat, hit the tight end across the middle a couple times, and only throw down field 3-4 times. That was something last year thought that he couldn't figure out against Wyoming or anyone else for that matter. So hopefully that's a step in the right direction. And 2, I have no idea where he's gonna be lined up. They were running plays in practice with Richardson at qb, Brown at fb, and Oku at rb. It wasn't just Richardson running around the end either. He was throwing the ball around a lot and from what I heard, pretty well. I'm more excited about him for just being able to see what he'll be able to do over 4 years. With Brown you know you've got a back and yes he can return kicks, but Richardson has the ability to do much more things. Florida had planned for him to be the "next Percy Harvin".

There are several frosh that I'm really excited to be able to look back 4 years from now and see how they've done. Askew, Richardson, Miles JR, Jackson, Brown, Williams, Oku, Hughes, Edwards, Gordon, King, Oliver, and Teague are all some I hope to enjoy watching. You know some are going to be duds/busts, I don't think Brown will be one though.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

You know some are going to be duds/busts, I don't think Brown will be one though.
    I think you're misunderstanding me on this point. Brown's probably gonna have a great career at Tennessee barring injury or someone else just flat taking over the RB spot from him. I'm not saying he's garbage, I'm just saying he's not what the hype is right now, and I don't think he'll get there against the SEC this year.

I think one reason why you got worked up in the earlier posts is because you think I think he's gonna be terrible overall at UT--when I'll take the opportunity to tell you now that I think he'll have a great career.

I don't see what's wrong with stating that he's not where the hype is right now. You may not be hyping him up, but every word out of any UT fan I've talked to is that he's the savior. That's where I'm coming from.
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CoeburnCane View Post
    I don't see what's wrong with stating that he's not where the hype is right now. You may not be hyping him up, but every word out of any UT fan I've talked to is that he's the savior. That's where I'm coming from.
    And I would probably venture to say that most all of those UT fans didn't have a clue who Bryce Brown was until, well, last Saturday. 80% of all fans don't follow recruiting and off season stuff like we do. I was telling one UT fan today that we got Tyler Bray and most people say who????
    [IMG]http://www.gifsoup.com/view/926256/tennessee-vols-al-wilson-o.gif[/IMG]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Richardson does seem to have a hands issue according to Kiffin though, so Im not gonna get too hyped on him until he can hang onto the ball. Im afraid he is too used to playing with a ST-5 type football instead of a 1001 or whatever Wilson calls their top ball now that tends to be a little larger than what most HS teams will use. His hands are small and he's going to have to adapt to it, so it might take him a little while. I hope not though.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CoeburnCane View Post
    I think you're misunderstanding me on this point. Brown's probably gonna have a great career at Tennessee barring injury or someone else just flat taking over the RB spot from him. I'm not saying he's garbage, I'm just saying he's not what the hype is right now, and I don't think he'll get there against the SEC this year.

I think one reason why you got worked up in the earlier posts is because you think I think he's gonna be terrible overall at UT--when I'll take the opportunity to tell you now that I think he'll have a great career.

I didn't get worked up. The only thing that I don't like is you crediting me for stuff I didn't say, which is why I kept quoting you telling you to tell me where I'd said this stuff. I never thought from anything you said that you were saying he was going to be awful. I've not heard much hype about him, but that's because I don't associate with many UT fans. The ones this thread was addressed to are basically it. Looking at the board on Volquest I haven't seen any real crazy expectations of him this year either. Most folks know that for now, Hardesty is the man. I did see one person on there that keeps claiming Brown will over take him in a few weeks, I think his reasoning was not thinking Hardesty would stay healthy more than anything. I have no problem with you and was just having a good back and forth. I just thinking you're selling the kid short on what he'll be able to get done this year, especially when UT will probably have a 70/30 run/pass ratio for the year. He's going to have plenty of chances. I still say to say that he won't have a significant impact this year is assinine. That doesn't mean he's going to put up heisman numbers though.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hey Lung a little off topic but on topic to since it has to do with a UT recruit. I read today that Fugate is going to be enrolling early, as in the spring, you heard anything about this. My s-i-l also told me over the weekend that he is letting his grades slip and that he got in trouble for cheating on the ACT. As poorly as he did on it, scored like a 7 or 9, I don't think there is anything to that though.
    [COLOR="Lime"][SIZE="6"][FONT="Century Gothic"]CREAG AN TUIRC[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
    [img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a183/mm38nut/thkfc.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I've heard he's an early enrollee, I haven't heard any of the rest of that though. He's supposed to be a 3.0 + student. Sounds kind of hard to believe.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456