Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: I guess we have confirmation

Well, so far he is the only one who has been "outed". Why don't we all go on a "hunt" and see how many coaches we can "out"? (sarcasm intended)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Sportsman and Glory Days are two fine ones.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Everybody and their brother reads this thing. Most don't have enough gumption to post/say who they are though. I have a ton of respect for people who stand behind what they say on here and absolutley zero for those who post behind a username.
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well, he just stood up big time on the other thread. Just hope it shuts some up now.

BTW, if you are a coach, why get on here and risk being discovered and then ridiculed for something on this board. Crabtree has resigned now, so it really doesn't matter about him anymore.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Actually I was a little disappointed when I read the reason for resigning.

He knew he was going to, sooner than later, be focusing full time on his son's activities and wouldn't be available to continue coaching. Yet he took the job anyhow.

Personally I don't think that's fair to the kids on the football team - any sports team needs a leader that has intentions of staying with it and staying committed. A person that only intends on keeping a coaching job for a brief while before they have to meet other obligations is doing the school no favors.

Just my opinion.
    You'll shoot your eye out.

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by imported_elp6n View Post
    Actually I was a little disappointed when I read the reason for resigning.

He knew he was going to, sooner than later, be focusing full time on his son's activities and wouldn't be available to continue coaching. Yet he took the job anyhow.

Personally I don't think that's fair to the kids on the football team - any sports team needs a leader that has intentions of staying with it and staying committed. A person that only intends on keeping a coaching job for a brief while before they have to meet other obligations is doing the school no favors.

Just my opinion.
    you are missing one HUGE point though, he pretty much took that job because nobody else wanted it or was even close to being as qualified as he was. you have to see it in another way, if he hadnt taken the job they may not have been able to play at all.
    Cant we all just get along?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

No, I didn't miss the point.

I still feel it was no huge favor to the school to take the job because no one else wanted it. They're right back full circle at point A. Now there's a risk of not having a program at Pound in the coming year because of 1) not being able to find someone else to do it 2) severe funding shortage

What has changed at Pound in two years that would make someone else jump at the opportunity? What existing teacher will want to take it? Do they hire someone that doesn't teach already to take the job, when job cuts are already looming in the future due to budget shortfalls?

Him taking it as a supposed favor to keep it going was only a bandaid on a gushing wound.

As I said before, that's my opinion, and I found the matter to be disappointing.
    I'm not crucifying the guy - I'm just disappointed that this is how it all worked out.
    You'll shoot your eye out.

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

He took it so he could get a job back in the area after leaving Ervinton to be a pastor at a church in Texas. He found out then, it wasn't for him. There were others just as qualified that put in for that job.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
    you are missing one HUGE point though, he pretty much took that job because nobody else wanted it or was even close to being as qualified as he was.
    That's untrue and just his spin. There is a poster on here who has coaching experience, who wanted the job, and who interviewed for the job before Crabtree did.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

when Don Miller left the Burton job, no one wanted it. The school was going to shut down the football program but Vadis Shupe stepped in and took over the job. It wasn't pretty for those 3 years but if he had not taken the job who knows where Burton would be today with our football program. the band-aid worked because after the dark decade know as the 80's the football program has been pretty good. the next coach took them to State and should have won but for some strange reason we lost that state game in 91(?was it?) and have been a pretty good program since. sure we have had some up and down years but much better than shutting down the program.
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast