Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Twin Springs game

I have seldom felt more sorry for a team/coach than I did today. Especially when the Twin Springs player got hurt. I didn't think that they would be able to beat Clintwood, didn't think they would play with them but I hadn't seen them, so couldn't really give a good opinion before the game. I felt like Twin Springs had a few players but also felt like it didn't take long for them to want out of Dodge. If anybody finds out more about the injured player, please advise.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Twin Springs game

Just curious, was it a size difference or experience or just athletic ability? I've never known Twin Springs to have much success in football but I find it weird that there was such a drastic difference between the two teams.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 89bluedevil View Post
    Just curious, was it a size difference or experience or just athletic ability?
    All of the above. I sent UTVols a text during pregame telling him how small they were. It looked like a small JV team. They had 2-4 players that looked like varsity football players. Their QB got knocked out of the game and didn't come back on like their second drive, their best player had to have an ambulance come on the field and drive him out, and 2-3 more had to be carried off the field. They're just a very bad football team. They played hard but they were too small, slow, unathletic, and just not good players. When it's 42-0 with 11 minutes left in the 2nd and the team leading has hardly been on offense, something's wrong. 2 pick 6's, a 1 play TD pass drive. I wish Clintwood could have at least gotten a half to prep for next week.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

If Clintwood wins the region title, they could possibly play Eastern Montgomery couldn't they? That would probably be a really good game.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'll go with a bit of it being lack of confidence, maybe experience as well. I think there was some definite intimidation, and it literally took a play or two for more to lose confidence. On the second interception return, literally it looked like the players just were trying to avoid being hit. I joked halfway before the game that a few of their kids probably were not wanting to be there and would rather be on the basketball court, and I think there was more truth to that than I ever wished to be true. Not to say that there wasn't effort, I really think that they played hard, but just rough to watch from the good side. The long delay due to the injury didn't help and I'm sure it didn't help any of them, when they were already ready to get out of there. I won't say anything bad about the way they played, thought they were coached up, played clean, and tried, just wasn't a good game to help us or help them.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by R0cketer View Post
    I'll go with a bit of it being lack of confidence, maybe experience as well. I think there was some definite intimidation, and it literally took a play or two for more to lose confidence. On the second interception return, literally it looked like the players just were trying to avoid being hit. I joked halfway before the game that a few of their kids probably were not wanting to be there and would rather be on the basketball court, and I think there was more truth to that than I ever wished to be true. Not to say that there wasn't effort, I really think that they played hard, but just rough to watch from the good side. The long delay due to the injury didn't help and I'm sure it didn't help any of them, when they were already ready to get out of there. I won't say anything bad about the way they played, thought they were coached up, played clean, and tried, just wasn't a good game to help us or help them.
    Evidently they are in such bad shape they called coach Moore and called off their season opening basketball game with us.
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

If Clintwood wins the region title, they could possibly play Eastern Montgomery couldn't they? That would probably be a really good game.
    Both of those teams are alive and that could be the matchup, but at this point of the year, nothing is anything near written in stone.

Clintwood definitely has no reason to not expect a completely different game from the first game, and they need to look no further than last year, when Norton beat the stuffing out of them in the regular season than had their hands full in the playoff. I expect it to be a lot like that, just hope the good guys (us *lol*) can come out on the good side

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pvfan View Post
    Evidently they are in such bad shape they called coach Moore and called off their season opening basketball game with us.
    They shouldn't be. Only 4 of those boys are on the basketball team I think. The QB, the WR/ backup QB, and another WR I think and 79.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Folks keep saying that,but East Mont is small and soft. Christian has a gun at QB (thrown for around 70 TDs in his career),and the Mustangs put up alot of points,but they are not a physical bunch at all and they surrender alot on defense. They may test the Wave secondary,but the Wave offense will run through the EM defense like a hot knife through butter. East Mont does not matchup well with Clintwood.
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
    Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Unchained View Post
    Folks keep saying that,but East Mont is small and soft. Christian has a gun at QB (thrown for around 70 TDs in his career),and the Mustangs put up alot of points,but they are not a physical bunch at all and they surrender alot on defense. They may test the Wave secondary,but the Wave offense will run through the EM defense like a hot knife through butter. East Mont does not matchup well with Clintwood.
    East Mont vs. Clintwood will be a high scoring game that will come down to turnovers imo.
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast