Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Come on guys. Where is everybody

Come on guys. Where is everybody

I don't post much here. But i do like to read what is posted. But no post since 7/23.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Come on guys. Where is everybody

I don't know what's wrong with this board. Even the football talk is way down. Usually by August, we have pages of football talk.
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
    Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future

Inactive Member imported_burrhead's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I've come to realize that there are far more important things than high school sports. When you start talking to someone from another school it usually ends up in an argument fellas. I guess what I'm trying to say is we, and I'm including myself, need to grow up!!!!!!!!! [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Honestly this board seems like it is getting quieter here lately. Maybe the kids have grown up or the members have other things to do. But like I said the past year or two it has died down awhole lot.
    "Freedom is not free, it requires great sacrafice. The price is paid in blood."

Maybe your right. Honestly i just love to have fun on here. I love the folks and esp. all the regulars. Seems like a bunch of just folks who love to talk and point things out.
    Sometimes after a rough day i may go to far.
    I do know one thing. Since changing job and leaving the stress of DOC which i know Indian Dad knows, i don't feel as stressed. I know i use to post more here when i was stessed out over work, than i do now, that i work and don't have all the stress.
    It's still a lot of work. But not the stress level i was use to.
    But i found out one thing. It's easy to say im sorry.
    We all kind of go back and forth at each other and we all have hard times.
    Shew this past year for me has been a roller coaster. One friend after the other passing.
    But i still remember them all.
    As far as any of us arguing over sports.
    Well that is sports and all of us being from different areas and having played or having kids playing. It happens and will happen.
    I just feel like with everything else we are moving more into an adjustment period here on the forum and in general sports wise.
    I'll miss the old days. But that is what memories are for i guess.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Guys you've heard me talk about the grand scheme of things many a time on here. Yes, I do love high school sports, but my skin will never be so thin that I can't intelligently discuss it without crying or bitching about it. The sun will rise the following day Lord willing. As for arguments on here about it: Honestly the kids who play on Friday night could care less about old geezers banging on a keyboard. They know that all of the talking is done on the field on Friday nights.
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
    Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My honest opinion...

Most everybody, at least regulars, grew up and tend to be diplomatic now and not go off so much

We actually police the forum pretty well, if someone gets out of hand, there is 10 old timers who calm them down pretty quickly. People can't create 10 different accounts, at least not easily, so the 'hey you all watch me tick them off' threads dont happen so much.

I'm sure once the games begin, it will pick up some

I think a lot of coaches have beaten it into their players to not come on here and talk about who good they'll be, that most don't push it anymore.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

I never post on the highschool stuff anymore, but a big reason (but not the only one) are the posters now. I know back in the day I caused alot of rukus on the board, but I know sports. I know when I am leading someone on and when its time to talk sports. Now its nothing more than a pissing contest in which it becomes something other than sports. I only post in the non sports and on college and pro. Its just not as fun when people do not actually understand the sport they are talking abou, 99.9% of the things I read I have to turn my computer off because I am amazed at the things that come outta peoples mouths. But thats me, I do have 5000 some odd posts so who am I to toss stones at lol. And my PM's work sometimes and sometimes they dont.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm tempted to allow open registration a bit, just to see if there is a difference.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

[ QUOTE ]
    I'm tempted to allow open registration a bit, just to see if there is a difference.

[/ QUOTE ]

[David Starsky]DO IT[/David Starsky]
    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast