Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

SHOULD YOU BECOME A DEMOCRAT?

25 questions that may help you decide:

Should You Become A Democrat?

Posted By: Mr. Right
    Date: Friday, 17 November 2006, at 10:51 a.m.

Should You Become A Democrat?

The following 25 questions should help people determine if they should join the Democratic party. Feel free to share it with friends and family members and if they find themselves answering "yes" to most of the questions below, then the Democrats are the party for them.

Are you...

...speaking out against every security measure that President Bush proposes because you claim it will turn America into a "police state" while simultaneously planning to criticize Bush for not doing enough to protect us when we're inevitably hit with another terrorist attack?

...convinced that killing a baby in the womb is OK, while killing a serial killer is wrong?

...terribly disturbed by the idea that Europe might not be happy with us, but fairly indifferent to the threat that terrorists present?

...of the opinion that those racist, warmongering, Fascist, Nazi-like, heartless, moronic, evil, Republicans are mean spirited hatemongers?

...horrified when you hear about dolphins being killed in a tuna net, but unperturbed by a woman aborting her own baby?

...wondering if we can "afford" a tax cut while supporting every expensive, new social program proposed in Congress?

...worried that the electronic voting machines might be rigged, but unconcerned about people voting without a picture ID?

...against a draft if it's needed by the military to field a fighting force, but for a draft if it's proposed by an anti-war Democrat in an attempt to undercut support for war?

...terrified by the idea of global warming, but only minimally concerned about stopping terrorists who want to release biological weapons in the US?

...opposed to cutting taxes on the middle class and the poor if it means that the rich will get a tax cut as well?

Do you...

...criticize Republicans because you think they judge people by the color of their skin, yet support Affirmative Action?

...think that UN approval was irrelevant when Bill Clinton wanted to go into Kosovo, but that our invasion of Iraq will be "illegitimate" if the UN doesn't approve?

...support going to war for "humanitarian" reasons unless our country will also benefit in some way, in which case you're strongly against it?

...claim that you want a strong economy, yet support almost every regulation & tax increase that comes down the pike?

...enjoy going to anti-war rallies run by Communists who oppose everything our country stands for?

...tend to trust things said by blood thirsty & unbalanced dictators more than you do things said by your own President -- provided that he's a Republican?

...believe that trial lawyers who win outrageous malpractice judgements against doctors and drive up medical costs for the rest of us are really "sticking up for the little guys" who end up paying the bills?

...feel that banning handguns would be a more effective crime fighting tool than severely punishing criminals & "three strikes and you're out" laws?

...think that nations like Iran, Iraq, and North Korea are only minor annoyances and that the United States is actually the greatest threat to world peace?

...point to David Duke, a former Klansman who never won an office above state legislator, as evidence of racism in the Republican party, while believing that having Robert Byrd in the Senate doesn't reflect negatively on the Democratic party?

...admire the "human shields" who went to Baghdad, but think protests in front of abortion clinics should be banned?

...believe that we rushed to war with Iraq despite the fact that the UN had been trying to convince Saddam to disarm for more than 12 years?

...think Ann Coulter is mean spirited, vicious, & shrill, but Maureen Dowd, Ted Rall, Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, John Pilger, Margo Kingston, Tom Daschle, Noam Chomsky, Arianna Huffington, Molly Irvins, Eric Alterman & James Carville (among many others) are nice, sweet-natured, and reasonable?

...tend to be minimally concerned about the victims and potential victims of terrorists, but very concerned about how the terrorists are treated after they're caught?

...feel that the rich must have inherited their money, gotten lucky, or cheated someone to earn their wealth, but that it's society's fault that people are poor?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: SHOULD YOU BECOME A DEMOCRAT?

I notice this is from Mr_Right who posts on the DCDB. Not sure I would want to reference things he says when he has been proven to be close-minded, completely illogical, will reply to anything said against him as a 'drive-by etc etc etc' and will not reply to it, just calls people who say anything counter names. He takes his posts from the most conservative websites. He's one of those people who make the entire area look bad. Not bad that he is a Republican but read those 25 things and tell me how ridiculous some of them sound and are. Realize that 25 just as ridiculous could be made and done the exact opposite way.

Here's 1

Be a Republican

If you think that a bunch of pedophiles should be telling you how to morally live your life.

Now a few bad ones shouldn't group them all. He would never admit that though.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

Inactive Member imported_biggamesjames's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yeah there were a few that were way out there but a good number that are within valid reasoning and I doubt many democrats around here realize they are the position of the party on a national scale. Especially those about the view of humanatarian military operations versus otherwise.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Just like most republicans around here fail to realize that the only reason they are a republican is due to moral issues? Yet failing to realize the economic, military, and social impact on society? I agree with Republicans on some things but I'm a Democrat because I cant afford to be a Republican. So, if by wanting a better life and being able to afford school makes me a wacko-liberal so be it.
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

[ QUOTE ]
    if by wanting a better life and being able to afford school makes me a wacko-liberal so be it

[/ QUOTE ]
    AMEN!
    I make Machiavelli look like a weenie.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

[ QUOTE ]
    So, if by wanting a better life and being able to afford school makes me a wacko-liberal so be it.

[/ QUOTE ]

What constitutes a 'better life'? Sucking off the .gov tit? Having Big Brother there for you all the time?

For some, a 'better life' means having as little .gov involvment in their life as possible.

As for 'affording school', again, what does that have to do with the government? The government should not be in the business of providing education or paying for it.

How is it the fault of the Republicans that college tuition keeps increasing?
    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

Inactive Member imported_biggamesjames's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

[ QUOTE ]
    Just like most republicans around here fail to realize that the only reason they are a republican is due to moral issues? Yet failing to realize the economic, military, and social impact on society? I agree with Republicans on some things but I'm a Democrat because I cant afford to be a Republican. So, if by wanting a better life and being able to afford school makes me a wacko-liberal so be it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure what you are saying with that 2nd sentence. Are you saying the military has a negative affect on society?? I agree with some things in the democratic party as well but not that the gov't should be a free ticket to an easy life. You talk about wacko liberal like its a bad thing...are most wacko liberals you know democrat or republican?

As far as the gov't paying for your college...well I will tell you something. The entire 4 years that I was in college getting my bachelors degree was under the Clinton administration. How much do you think the gov't paid on my college? Well I'll tell ya $0.00. The years I was not on a football scholarship i took out student loans and graduated in '97. I'm still paying for my college as we speak. Pell grants were not available to me because the gov't deemed that my parents earned too much money and I guess they assumed that my parents would help me pay for my college. Well guess what my parents figured that once I turned 18 it was up to me to make my own way and I felt the same seeing my dad work his butt off in the mines for all those years. He had to go underground when he was 18 and pull about 60 hours a week so it was kinda hard for me to go to him when I turned 18 and tell him I was going to be needing to get hooked up with some tuition cash while I was hanging out on campus living the good life. Household income was about 60,000 or so a year and they were not in much shape to help me anyway with two other kids in the house and paying high taxes at the time(Clinton social programs) which some of those tax dollars no doubt went to pay for other kids college but they were not even financially able to help their own. So ask me if I feel sorry for some kid from a low income family that can't afford to pay for their college? HECK NO!!! Thats what Sallie Mae is there for. Things are tough all over...cowboy up [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I love it when a plan comes together. Good post!
    "Yes, there are two paths you can go by
    But in the long run
    There's still time to change the road you're on."

Inactive Member imported_trumpet1988's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I don't think you're a wacko-liberal. You're a liberal but not wacko. There are also wacko-conservatives as well as wacko-liberals. Take the Westboro Baptist Church in Topeka, Kansas. They're wacko-conservative. They're usually the main ones protesting at military funerals because "The soldiers fought for a nation that supports gay marriage".

A wacko-liberal would be someone like how PETA is.
    Deja Moo: The feeling that you've heard this bull before.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I believe the question should be "Should you become a ultra-Liberal wacko?". Though you could certainly classify a small minority of the Democratic party as adhering to a number of these items; however, any serious consideration of this list would be absurd at best. Mr. Right is definitely Mr. Wrong here IMHO. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
    ......and I thought truth was universal. Silly me......

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast